Saturday, November 8, 2014

Friday Favorites from The Painted Hive, Linen and Lavender, It's Overflowing, For the Love of a House and More!

Good morning! Happy Friday, and happy weekend to you. How was your week? Mine felt crazy, busy and totally discombobulated. Have you ever had a week like that? Hopefully the weekend will be a little less crazy and a little lazy.

My favorite post from the web this week are all over the place, Thanksgiving, Christmas, travel and more so I hope that you enjoy.



Image For the Love of a House



The search for the colors of Fall are an adventure of many, especially in New England. One of the most beautiful blogs on the Internet and my all time favorites, For the Love of a House posted stunning photos from Fall around her farmhouse this week. I wish I could have seen them in person. 


Image from The Painted Hive


I realize we just celebrated Halloween and have yet to celebrate Thanksgiving but a lot of us love to plan for Christmas early. This week The Painted Hive  created a great advent calendar that I think I may have to make myself!


Image from Jones design Company


Speaking of Christmas, there are seven, yes 7, Fridays until Christmas! If you are thinking of branching out into a new color scheme for this season, something unexpected like black and white, It's Overflowing has post 30 black and White Ideas to give you a little inspiration.

Although I frequently visit and speak about my adventures in France I have also spent considerable amounts of time in Italy and Venice is one of my all time favorite cities. This week, Linen and Lavender posted about a new book showcasing the beauty of Venice, one of the most romantic and beautiful places in the world. This book is on my Christmas list!


Image from The Polohouse


I love plaid and Allison of The Polohouse Blog is my "go to " designer for how to do it in a tasteful and sophisticated way. This week she redesigned a bedroom with vintage finds, lots of plaid and equestrian finds.

If you are a fan or before and afters then be sure to check out the final reveals from all of the participants of  One Room Challenge by Calling it Home, there are so many beautiful transformations that you could spend hours enjoying them.

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. Be safe and stay warm I understand that there is a swath of cold air moving through the Midwest and up the East coast bringing with it freezing temps. Winter already? I am not ready.




5 comments:

  1. Usually I really pace myself and get all Christmas ready right after Thanksgiving. But I'm just so excited for it this year! I've been looking for a great Advent calendar. I'm not crafty in the least but my son and I have fun doing little DIY activities, so maybe I'll give it a go! I'm definitely bundling up this weekend. The only good thing about the cold is that it might possibly bring a white Christmas with it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of goodness here! I've clicked through all your links and love each one as much as you did. And, yep, I'm hooked on Christmas too. Already have a pile of gifts chosen and tucked away, so some of the wrapping ideas will help me make a big decision. Happy Holidays !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, one of my friends in Missouri mentioned the return of ye olde Polar Vortex. For some strange reason she seems to dislike winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always enjoy seeing whats gotten your attention, just went to Joans post...OMG. I want to move to the country TODAY! Amazing...thanks for sharing it. I love Polohouse too and will go check it out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping to have a moment this evening to sit down and visit each your favorites. I always love your Friday posts. Hugs! B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...