Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Random Act of Kindness this Week

Good morning! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. Luckily we did not get any of the cold weather the weathermen predicted. Although, now I see that the forecast has been revised and we will have some frigid weather this week. I guess it is time to pull out the winter coats.





This week is my 48 birthday! I guess I am supposed to feel old but to be honest, age has always been just a number to me. I guess I am lucky because I have never had any of the angst that many people have about growing old, perhaps because in my mind I am still 29?

I have never really been a fan of gifts, weird I know but  true none the less. Anyway this week I am doing a few things for others as a gift(s) to myself.





One, is that each day this week I am baking a different birthday cake and giving it away to five different people. One to a friend who does not like to bake but loves sugar, one to a favorite resident at the Alzheimer's home where I volunteer, one to my UPS man, one to a single mom who works at a restaurant I frequent and the last I have to yet to decide. 




Another is that I am going to make a conscious effort to preform 48 random act of kindness over the next week. I have seen this idea on Pinterest and other blogs and I think it is such a great idea I want to try it for myself.

I am still compiling my list with things like taking my elderly neighbors' dog for walks, writing thank you notes to people who have made a significant impact on my life, etc. but I would welcome any and all suggestions if you have some.  And if you have done the same sort of thing on your birthday let me know how it worked for you. 

I hope that you have a wonderful week. Stay safe and warm!



7 comments:

  1. You are just a spring chicken, a wonderful life is still ahead.
    I am 78 so do all the Europe traveling you can while the legs are good.
    Lots of steps there. Happy Birthday Honey. so glad some one like you take's care of Alzheimers patients. I watched and cared for my Mom 8 years.
    It was so hard to watch. God Bless you. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, thoughtful, darling, kind, incredible thing you are doing for all of those people, and the ripple effect it has on everyone it touches!

    The world is a better place with kind people like you in it!

    Happy, healthy, love and blessing billed 48th birthday to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful ideas and gorgeous cake!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday and like you, I'm always thankful for another…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Elizabeth!
    You are truly beautiful, inside and out!
    48 is such a wonderful age. If I were to pick a decade to live twice, it would be 45 to 55!
    I shall call you "Cake Girl!"
    withLove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. How wonderful to think about giving instead of getting. Our world would be a better place is more people practiced this. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you dear Elizabeth. Every time I come here I always leave wishing we were closer but especially today ! I would love to take you to a cafe where we could sip coffee and sample sweets and I could hear all about your acts of random kindness. What an amazing heart you have! Your birthday cake idea is so touching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...