Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Food For The Southern Soul: Christmas Gift Ideas for the Foodie in Your Life



Good morning! I hope that you had a fabulous weekend. I baked, ate, decorated cookies,and ate some more cookies this weekend. I am happy "the most wonderful time of the year" is only once a year because I would be as big as a house. I love cookies and cookie dough even more.





I don't know about you but I always have a few people on my list that are a challenge to find gifts for and more often than not I end up either making or sending them foodie gifts. 

This year I was introduced to Food for the Southern Soul by a friend and I am excited to share all of their wonderful products because they are fantastic!




Food for the Southern Soul  was started by Jimmy and Ann Marie Haygood who turned a passion for low-country cooking into a way of life. Ann-Marie and Jimmy traded their corporate jobs for a 30 foot long barbecue rig, to launch their catering, specialty food and restaurant businesses. 

Jimmy is an award winning barbecue pit master, winning competitions across the country, and has bottled his rubs, marinades and sauces so that you can get the authentic taste at home. 





In addition to the sauces, and rubs you can also try many other low-country favorites, stone ground grits, rice, handmade benne wafers, artichoke relish and more. The Haygoods' not only barbecue but they grow their own rice, make their own cane syrup, and bottle their own sauces but they continue to  preserve the tastes and traditions of southern foods. 

If you happen to live in Charleston you can try Jimmy's an award winning barbecue at the 'Cue-osk in City Market




If you are searching for the perfect gift for the foodie in your life check out all of the wonderful items  from Food For The Southern Soul, on-line shop, everything from apple butter,  grits, rice, benne wafers, barbecue sauces, marinades, dressings, salsa's and so much more. 


Do you have a favorite "foodie" gift or regional specialty that you like to give to family and friends? If so, please share as I am sure that we can all use a few ideas.

Have a great week and enjoy the season.




6 comments:

  1. These are great ideas! My husband is a huge foodie... And so hard to buy for! So these will be perfect for him :) xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Elizabeth! I missed you this morning, and now I'm off to cook dinner. You have made me even MORE hungry!

    Enjoy !!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to learn how to cook first!

    One of the papers here at Christmas has a tradition of twenty four days of cookie recipes that they've gotten back into again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I start every comment to you with "yum", but that is always how I feel when I read your posts! I love Southern food, especially grits and pimiento cheese! Have a lovely day, Elizabeth!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new cookbook to check out, thanks Elizabeth!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making me hungry!! I am always up for a new cookbook..this one looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...