Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Baked Cambozola with Pecans and Cranberries

Good morning! I hope that you had a nice and relaxing weekend. I relaxed, read two books and went on some beautiful walks with my pups. It was a the perfect way to regroup after the busy holidays.




I know that a lot of people are dieting and doing juice fasts to try to loose a few of the Christmas and New Years pounds they gained, if you are one of those people file this recipe away, because it is so fabulous that you are going to want to try it at a later date.



For those of you who do not know, cheese is one of the four food groups, at least in my house, especially in the Winter. This delicious Baked cambozola with pecans and cranberries can be made for a crowd or scaled back for one! It is easy, delicious and the perfect appetizer or treat on a cold winter afternoon. Seriously, what could be better than smooth, creamy melted blue, brie like cheese with cranberries and pecans? OK, maybe chocolate fondue but this comes close.





Baked Cambozola with Pecans and Cranberries

1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
pinch of kosher salt
1 pound Cambazola cheese, rind removed and cubed

Sliced apples, pears and crackers of your choice for serving

Preheat oven to 400. Combine pecans, cranberries, curry, brown sugar and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.

Put the cheese in a one quart baking dish and top with the pecan mixture. Bake until the cheese melts and the nuts are toasted, about 12 minutes. Serve with apples, pears and crackers.






What do you think? Are you a fan or cheese, what about melted cheese dips? Do you have a favorite dip to share? With another wave of cold weather setting in I am looking for a few comfort food recipes to keep me company this winter!

Have a wonderful and hopefully warm week!


7 comments:

  1. I admit that we are cheese lovers.
    ( We may need to abstain until after The Seahawks play Green Bay next week.) : )
    I love this as an alternative to bake brie!
    Thank you for sharing it, Elizabeth!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have to make this, looks divine
    . yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sent 3 comments, ??????????? what's going on??? yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try again, Thanks for the recipe will make it this week.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds delicious. I've never heard of that kind of cheese before, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this looks so
    ooey-gooey and delish!
    Thanks for sharing!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum. yes. love cheese and fondue with fruit or fresh bread.
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...