Saturday, February 14, 2015

Friday Favorites from Once Upon a Chocolate Life, Pinch of Yum, Sweet Paul, Martha Stewart and More


Good morning and a wonderful day to you! Are you ready for the weekend?  I am. I really have no special plans but I feel like I need the kind of rest and relaxation that you only get on a weekend or vacation.





This weekend is Valentine's day, for many it is no big deal, and for others it is a "really big deal?" What side do you fall on? I have said in prior posts that for me it is no big deal, we have been together 20 years, but I will admit that I try to make the day special for my husband.

This week the web was all about gifts, dinners, treats and drinks to celebrate or remind your special someone what you would like to celebrate Valentine's Day.



image Pinch of Yum


It may be a little late for gifts but I can help you with the food and drinks. Lindsay of Pinch of Yum always makes delicious looking meals, and this Skillet Chicken Bacon with White Wine Sauce could be an excellent choice for dinner this weekend.



Lobster Mac and Cheese


Or perhaps this decadent Lobster Mac and Cheese from Sweet Paul Magazine would be up your loved ones alley?


Spiked Jones Cocktail from Martha Stewart


Perhaps you prefer a drink or two? Martha Stewart  has not only this Spiked Jones Chocolate-coffee drink but several others including Raspberry Chocolate martinis and more. 



Cookies and Cups


If dessert is your meal of choice, as it is mine, you could prepare any one of these 50 recipes compiled by Cookies and Cups.







Or you could visit Once Upon a Chocolate Life for brownies, cookies, cakes, pudding, pancakes and more.







I hope that you have a great weekend and a very Happy Valentine's Day! If you found any delicious recipes, gifts, books, movies or more this week please share the with us!


On a side note: Did you see the movie, Saving Mr. Banks? The story of Walt Disney  and the author of Marry Poppins, Pl. Travers? I watched it last night and I loved it!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! Yes, I did see Saving Mr. Banks and totally enjoyed it .. wonderful story. On the subject of Valentine's Day, I think whether or not it's a BIG deal has a lot to do with where you're at in life. If you've been married for decades (like me!) you really need to think about ways to WOW your partner:) My daughter on the other hand, has a fairly serious boyfriend and I know tomorrow will be really special for her. Like you, I intend to have a little fun. I do enjoy bringing pink and red in the house and I'm doing some baking. Chocolates and flowers are fun and always festive.

    Enjoy your Friday and weekend ahead! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen Saving Mr. Banks yet. I did like the soundtrack.

    I don't go for Valentine's myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knew I should not have visited you on an empty stomach! Wishing you a wonderful weekend and a sweet Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...