Thursday, March 5, 2015

15 Comforting Soups for Cold Days


Good morning! I have Spring on my mind but the cold of Winter has settled into my bones and I feel as if I cannot get warm.  I have actually taken to wearing extra layers in the house. Do you ever feel like that?



Spring where are you? In the meantime snow, snow and more snow and cold. What are we to do? Cook, bake and eat lots of warm, yummy soup!


Layered Chili from Pine Cones and Acorns


These are 15 of my favorite soups from my Soup board on Pinterest, you can find these and many more by clicking HERE.


Caramelized Leek with Maple Glazed Bacon from How Sweet Eats
Creamy Cauliflower Soup from Love & Olive Oil


Cheesy Green Chili and Potato Chowder from Eat, Live Run



White Chicken Chili Rice Bowl from Little Broken


Easy Tuscan Bean Soup from The Wanderlust Kitchen

African Chicken Peanut Stew from Simply Recipes


Slow Cooker Beer Cheese Chicken Wild Rice Soup from Foodtastic Mom


Chicken Parmesan Soup from Closet Cooking


Chicken Avocado Soup from Cooking Classy


Black Bean Soup from Living Well


Pumpkin Potato Soup from Running to the Kitchen


Please share your favorite soup recipe with us, as I have said soup is the perfect meal on a cold day and I am always looking for tried and true recipes.

Have a warm and safe day!



3 comments:

  1. Holy smokes....I see so many I want to try! With our never ending winter, I have been making a lot of soup. A LOT! My husband loves french onion and my sons fave is broccoli cheddar so I will start with those two and work my way through the rest..definitely bookmaking this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good ways to keep warm.

    Here the winter is still firmly in place, and I'm not expecting a warm up until some time in April. My place is pretty well heated, though when the temps get particularly low, I tend to keep a toque on regardless- my shaved head can feel slight drafts, and there's only so much heat the furnace will give below -30C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the winter we have had, I have been living on chili and soup. These soups look positively delish. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...