Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Banana Bread French Toast with Berries







Good morning! How was your weekend? Mine was exactly as I had hoped, uneventful and relaxing. I read two books, baked a few treats to send to friends for Easter( which by the way is this weekend), made Easter baskets for the grand-kids and that is about it. 

What about you?




If you are like me when you bake, you always bake extra, either to give to friends or to freeze for later. Sometimes I bake when I am the only one home and my eyes are bigger than my stomach, for instance when I made banana bread last week. I am not sure why I thought I needed to eat an entire loaf during the week. Needless to say I got a little tired of banana bread.





Not wanting to waste all of my hard work, I decided to use the leftover bread to make Banana Bread French Toast this weekend, and it was delicious! If I do say so myself. This recipe could not be a easier and frankly, you can use any bread that you have, pumpkin, cranberry, blueberry, banana or whatever. You can even buy a loaf at the bakery or store and then make this breakfast treat. I think it would be an excellent addition to your Easter or Mother's Day breakfast!






Banana Bread French Toast

2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 slices of banana bread
Butter, for pan and toast
syrup
berries 
powdered sugar

In bowl mix eggs, milk and cinnamon, whisk until mixture is well blended. Pour into shallow bowl. 
Heat pan and add a pat of butter, when melted dip banana bread into the egg mixture. Allow bread to sit for a bit then flip. Place slices in the pan and cook until brown on one side, then flip bread over and allow to brown on other side.

Place on plates and serve with berries and powdered sugar, or syrup. 

Enjoy!






 If you try this recipe let me know or if you have another French Toast recipe please share, as it is one of my favorite weekend breakfast treats!


Have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. I know I really need to give up bread but recipes like this one keep me craving carbs!! Oh the torture!! HAve a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana bread French toast sounds entirely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, how delish, Elizabeth this is a must make!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks scrumptious :) I'll have more, please. Happy Monday! Easter is coming up and I can't wait to see what you make. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I knew I was waking up to that breakfast, I would wake up in the BEST mood. Looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...