Saturday, March 21, 2015

Friday Favorites from Sprinkles Bakes, Alexandra's Kitchen, Camille Styles, and More!


Good morning and a warm, sunny, happy Friday, Happy Spring to you! Sadly, it is going to be rainy and cold here but luckily, no more snow. How about your neck of the woods?

As Spring has come and gone here I am going to focus on other great things this week. 


Image from Sprinkles Bakes

Do you know how certain foods or smells take you back to special times in your life? Well, bear claw pastries are one of those foods that hold special memories for me. They are the pastries my mom use to get for my siblings and I each weekend to eat while watching cartoons. And the reward after a 5 mile walk(one way) on the Florida beaches, on Saturday mornings with my husband;  bear claw for me and a cinnamon roll for him from our favorite bakery, which sadly it is now an art gallery. 


Since moving from Florida I have been unable to find a good bear claw so I have been in search of a recipe to try and replicate my own, this week I discovered Bear Claws from Sprinkles Bakes. The recipe looks fairly easy and I can't wait to try it.



Image from Alexandra's Kitchen

I discovered a beautiful and fabulous blog this week that you have to check out! Alexandra's Kitchen is visually stunning, and beautifully written. If you like great recipes and beautiful food photos I think you will love this blog as much as I do!



 Image from Bittersweet Colours



Are you ready for Spring? It will be here in a few days! Here are 10 Gorgeous Green Items for Spring

Last week we lost an icon in architecture, Michael Graves, although many will know him only for his toaster. This is a beautiful tribute to Michael Graves by CBS Sunday Morning is one of my favorite finds this week.



Image HERE

Have you heard of Lizzie Velasquez? I first heard of her while watching a TED talks, she suffers from a rare disease that do not allow her to accumulate any body fat, among other things. Sadly, she was labeled and bullied both online and off and called "the world's ugliest woman." I am looking forward to seeing her new documentary because she is an incredible and inspiring woman!

I am also looking forward to seeing Helen Miriam in The Woman In Gold, are there any movies that you have on your "must see" list?

What did you find that was interesting, informative or fun this week out in the world? I am always interested in new recipes, books, movies and adventures and love your suggestions.

Have a safe and wonderful weekend.





6 comments:

  1. I always LOVE your Friday links...I am on my way to check them out! Happy Spring and have a beautiful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always sweetness here!
    Happy Spring, dear Elizabeth!
    w/L!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pastry looks delicious.

    Here we are still snow covered, and the temperatures remain below freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring Elizabeth. It is rainy a cool here as well. You've offered up so many wonderful things to check out. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello there, happy spring though it feels like winter is just revving up over here with MORE SNOW!

    The food has me hungry, saw Ballet 422 which was fascinating and offers a rarefied glimpse into the world of competitive ballet, it was really riveting.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing the story of Lizzie. She has the gift of a beautiful and loving heart....something that nothing and nobody can ever take from her. Since God looks on the heart, she will never have to be ashamed of the person she is. Sadly, that is not true of those who mock her. Shame on them...there is a great price to be paid for deliberate harm done to another human being. Truly we reap what we sow..........Jinny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...