Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thinking of Spring and Beyond!




"Spring will come and so will happiness. Hold on. Life will get warmer."
~Anita Krizzan






Good morning! Do you feel a little Spring in the air? OR a spring in your step? Have you seen any signs of Spring in your area? 

We are starting to warm up, yesterday it was 70 and already humid. Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining but humidity already? 






Yesterday on my morning walk I saw a few Crocus's poking up out of the soil and I have to tell you it made me smile! It has been a long, weird, cold, crazy winter and I know I am not alone when I express those sentiments. Although I am not a huge fan of Summer I am actually longing for lazy days at the ocean with my feet in the sand or days out on my paddle board.

I guess it is true what they say, our tastes do change as we age. 





Tell me what are your plans for Spring? Summer? Are you already making plans for your garden and your vacation? Or do you tend to take things one day at a time and plan accordingly?

I have my list of plants for my containers, mostly hydrangeas and geraniums as they seem to do the best in the summer heat here in the South. As for my holiday plans this year we have many small trips in the states and a few overseas which will keep us busy and give me something to look forward too!





Tell me what are you up to these days? Are you counting the days until Spring in the hopes that it magically appears or have you already moved on to wishing for the warm hot weather of Summer?

Whatever the case I hope that you have a great day! Only two more days until Friday!






7 comments:

  1. 70??? Wow I am jealous, we are creeping up here too....but we still have a ton of dirty snow to get rid of, cannot imagine it happening too soon but at least we are headed in the right direction:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here there is very slow melting of snow, and skating on the Rideau Canal has come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty photos - look like botanical studies! I'm happy it's warming up because winter was soooo long and frigid. And happy for the longer days! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well down here in Australia we're deeply entrenched in the hot, steamy weather of Summer....though it's actually Autumn and should be cooler!!!! So we are longing for cool days, some chilly winds, even crisp, freezing Wintry mornings sparkling with frosty grasses and a bright blue sky!! Soon, soon!

    In the meantime I am planning a new garden too....planting it in the Autumn which may be risky but...

    I'm planting white hydrangeas, native Australian shrubs and ground cover, hippeastrums and crucifix orchids! Colour scheme...black, white and green!

    Can't wait!!

    Ciao

    R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. So peaceful. Warm today, but cold again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally feel like we have turned the corner...not quite Spring but no more bitter cold and snow. Hugs to you, sweet Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt and start my first vegetable garden in this house, but here in Northern Arizona, we have to wait until after Mother's Day for fear of frost.

    Your pictures are lovely. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...