Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Banana Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting





Good morning! How was your Easter weekend?





Did you get to spend time with family and friends? Was the Easter bunny good to you, maybe with a chocolate rabbit or two or a few Peeps?





My weekend was great, it was relaxing and fun. I tried out several new recipes for the Easter celebrations, like Hot Cross Buns, a Decadent Chocolate Torte and a banana cake. Although carrot cake is typically served on Easter I thought bananas seemed more refreshing.




And I did get a few treats from the Easter Bunny too, I love dark chocolate covered whipped cream eggs and sea salt caramels. Thankfully I only received a few otherwise I might resemble a fluffy rabbit.





As for the cake, it was scrumptious! This cake was moist, delicious with a sweet banana flavor, add in the frosting and you have a match made in heaven. 





Banana Cake 
Recipe from The Examiner 

2/3 cup butter, softened
1 2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter milk
4 very  ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
11/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt


Directions

Preheat to 350 degree. Grease two 8 0r 9 inch layer cake pans. Line pans with parchment or waxed paper.

Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric miser fitter with a paddle attachment. Add the buttermilk, then the mashed bananas and whip until just mixed together. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix together until all ingredients are just incorporated. Do not over mix. Pour into pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Cool completely before frosting. 


Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe HERE





What tasty treats did you partake of this Easter weekend? Did you make them, buy them or did you find them in your Easter basket? If you have a special Easter cake or recipe I would love for you to share it!

Have a wonderful week!




Should your taste be more inclined to chocolate, visit my other blog, Once Upon a Chocolate Life to try out this Decadent Chocolate Torte that I also made this weekend. It really is fabulous!


Linking to
Coastal Charm

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! What a stunning Easter cake!!! I love banana, actually more than carrot, so this is a winner in my book. My oldest son loves dark chocolate and my youngest lives for Peeps….so that's what the Easter Bunny brought and I just nibbled on whatever was leftover!

    Happy Monday!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow...does that ever look delicious!! One of the perks (drawbacks?) of no kiddos at home means no Easter candy temptation. I hope you have a lovely week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks delicious, Elizabeth! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY! Banana Cake is one of my favorites that I never seem to make very often. And I have never had one that looks as pretty and yummy as your's. Can't wait to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a truly moist, banana-y cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...