Saturday, April 11, 2015

Friday Favorites from Jones and Company, Ciao Dominica, Yammies Noshery, Sweet Little Blue Bird and More

Good morning! How are you? And your week? I hope that some of you are lucky enough to be experiencing a little Spring. Here the cherry trees are in bloom, and there are so many flowering tress putting on a show but the blossoms are blowing off like confetti in the high winds and torrential rain.




I guess the good news is that there is no snow? 

Holidays always leaving me wanting a little more, not gifts or candy but scrumptious food that I do not normally have in my diet.


Image Ciao Dominica


Sunday at Ciao Dominica made this beautiful and delicious looking Old Fashioned Strawberry Cake that I think would be an excellent recipe to take to any Spring or Summer party or barbecue. 






Or just one more slice of this moist and delectable Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting with cream cheese frosting that I made for Easter. I think it is perfect for breakfast, after all aren't bananas a super food? 



Image Yammies Noshery


OK, stop a minute and take in these brownies! Yammies Noshery posted these Gooey Chocolate Brownies with Creamy Chocolate Frosting and I cannot stop staring at the photos. I could lick the screen they look so good. Make sure if you visit this blog you leave a little time to explore because there are so many scrumptious and easy recipes that you are going to want to try.


Image from Sweet Little Blue Bird via Pinterest


I feel like I should add a little something healthy to get us in shape for summer. This salad from Sweet Little Blue Bird is very similar to a salad that I make all the time, I think you will like it! 



Image from Emily at Jones Design Company


I recently rediscovered the blog Jones Design Company written my the multi talented Emily. This week she posted 9 Books to Add to Your Reading List. If you have not read the above book they are all excellent! One of my favorites is The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. 


Image Gluten-Free-Museum


Have you discovered the blog Gluten Free Museum on Tumbler yet? If not then check it out, all of your favorite art before and after the gluten free treatment. 


What have you been reading, watching, eating or enjoying this week? Please share anything that you found that you think we might like. 

Have a great weekend. 





8 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! Thank you for posting those gorgeous grape hyacinths; I've been on the look-out for a bunch to bring that color into my home, but there are no where to be found! I hope Easter was wonderful for you?

    Happy Friday! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brownie reminds me of one I had the other day... it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter and Spring Break blended together this year and I just discovered all of my "celebrating" added three pounds! Yikes! That was fast and way too easy! I'll be having a veggie juice blend for lunch, but dreaming about that good-looking strawberry cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That strawberry cake looks absolutely divine!!! I haven't had strawberry cake in years. Maybe Tom will make one soon ;) Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Elizabeth,

    The salad looks delicious. We have yet to have supper and this would be just perfect. I, too, love strawberry cake.
    Have a glorious weekend

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always LOVE your links! I need to check out the list of books...I saw a few I haven't read. I would die for a piece of that banana cake right now! Have a beautiful weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gooey choc brownies are calling my name, come to mama!!!! Thank you for the list of books, just started one which I am enjoying but there's always room on my bookshelf for another good one to stand next in line. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that Strawberry shortcake its one of my favorites! I also read "all the Light we cannot see", warning- sad! I will have to check out the other I am in need of a good book thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...