Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Greek Salad with Lemon Herb Vinagrette

Good morning! Did you have a nice weekend? Were your able to get out and enjoy a little sun? We did not really see any sun until late Sunday afternoon, the rest of the time it was cold and rainy, about 45 degrees. 





No matter, my mind is already firmly set on Summer. Most afternoons you will find me with on the front porch, book in hand and a glass of tea on the table, soaking up as much of the afternoon sun as I can. I mentioned that I am looking for lighter recipes, salads and easy food for the coming months. I don't wont to be chained to the kitchen this summer, unless I am making something sweet.





I made this salad this week,  a little twist on a Greek Salad, minus the black olives and the addition of hard boiled eggs for a little protein. Just add a little vinaigrette or your favorite salad dressing and you have the perfect lunch.

Greek Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette

2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
1 large cucumber, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 small red pickled red onion
chopped heirloom tomatoes
1/2 cup feta cheese

Herb Vinaigrette

1 tsp. dried basil
1 tap. fresh garlic
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. dried mint
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil

Place all ingredients into a jar or bottle, place lid on and shake vigorously.

Drizzle dressing on salad and enjoy.





If you would like more salad recipes, check out my Salad Pinterest Board or if you have a delicious salad or dressing recipe please share it with us.

Have a great week!



3 comments:

  1. From the ingredients, I'm sure I'd enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! So healthy and fresh, a new take on a favorite, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like JUST what I need after a weekend of overindulging! Hope you have a fabulous week, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...