Saturday, May 9, 2015

Friday Favorites for Mother's Day!

Good morning! This weekend is Mother's Day, a fabulous day set aside to celebrate our moms and all they do for us. This is the perfect time to showcase your talents in the kitchen, you could serve your mom breakfast in bed or just make a great meal for the entire family. 


Image from Momtastice via Nuggets Market

I think these Coin pancakes by Nuggets Market would be a fabulous addition to Mother's day breakfast or brunch don't you? 


Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Or maybe you could make a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake? This cake is delicious, I should know I make it all of the time. 
If you would like something a little less sweet perhaps a savory quiche is more to your liking? 


Image Baked Bree

And of course don't forget the Vanilla Spiced Latte from Baked Bree.


Image from Dreamy Whites

You could go and pick your mom a huge bunch of lilacs or maybe get her something special from the Dreamy Whites Shop. I love the blog and the store as well.



Hand-painted Elephant Cuff from Halcyon Days

Or perhaps a beautiful bangle from one of my all time favorite places,  Halcyon Days. I actually received the bangle above for Valentines day and it is so beautiful!


Halcyon Days Bangles from Scully and Scully

They also have a beautiful assortment of skinny bangles if you are looking for something a little smaller.


Image HERE

My mom is partial to perfume, as am I, so I am thinking of a little Jo Malone.

Although presents are always fun, I think the best thing that you can give your mom for Mother's day is your time. I am sure that she would love spending the day with you doing whatever. I know that I would love to be spending the day with my mom, luckily my sisters will be with her and I will see her in a few weeks!

What will you be doing with your mom to celebrate her special day? Will you be making breakfast in bed? Maybe lunch? Or will you be going on a special outing?

Whatever you do, have a wonderful time and a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you I was wracking my brain as to what to make for Mothers day brunch!! Have a special one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee cakes like that are always well worth having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my dear Elizabeth!
    You are always so generous with ideas and your bake treats...thank you!
    I'm glad you will be seeing your mom soon...you are blessed to have each other...
    Love to you, friend...
    xoxo,
    ~ Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...