Saturday, May 30, 2015

Friday Favorites from Pretty Petals, The Scribe, Nine + Sixteen and More





Good morning! I hope your week has been great. My parents are visiting this week and I have not seen them since December so it has been fabulous. We have spent time at the beach, shopping and reading, eaten a lot of good food and of course spent many hours just catching up. 


Image from The Style and Travel Magazine

Here are a few of my favorite finds from around the web this week.

I am a huge fan of  Alexander McQueen and would love to see the Savage Beauty exhibit that is currently in London at the Victoria and Albert Museum; luckily Pam of the Style and Travel Magazine has been to see it recently and even better she went with Paul of The Magical Christmas Wreath Company.



Image from Nine + Sixteen


I love salad, even more so if they are easy and delicious and this Grilled Vegetable Salad from Nine + Sixteen looks like it fits my criteria.  In fact I will be making it tonight. 



Image from Leslie at Pretty Petals


Leslie from Pretty Petals always makes healthy and delicious food and this week she featured a Minty Smoothie that would be the perfect way to start your day. 




Image The Style Scribe



Summer is officially upon us and I am looking for a few new things to add to my wardrobe. This week The Style Scribe posted a great collage of a few things I definitely will be getting, like these Tory Burch flats and tunic. 


Are you a person that makes "to do lists"? I find myself making more and more of them as I age. I might have to rethink that after reading this interesting article A Brief History of the To-Do List on Farnam Street blog





Are you a happy person? If so how many of these 8 Things do you do in the first 5 minutes of your day?

Did you find anything interesting this week on the web, a new book, movie or recipe? If so please share.

I hope that you have a great weekend!




4 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, I like all of your favorites here.. and thank you for adding me to your list ;) The Savage Beauty Exhibit would be so fun to see. Hope you are enjoying your week so far! xxL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! Thanks, as always, for filling me in on the best of the blogosphere! Leslie's photos are always stunning - the peony ones have been especially beautiful. I would SO love to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit - we were talking about it at lunch yesterday and both Jeanne and Patricia said it moved them to tears. Have a wonderful weekend - hope you get to enjoy the beach!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this feature! You bring the blogs I don't have to read to me!! I haven't read Leslie's post yet but I will be trying that smoothie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth, thank you for featuring my Blog post about the Savage Beauty Exhibit! The retrospective on Alexander McQueen was really touching and memorable. Too bad he is gone now. He was so talented. Thank you again for your wonderful comment and this feature. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...