Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Novel Interiors by Lisa Borgnes Giramonti







If you are a fan of great literature,  quotes, beautiful photography and of course home decor than you will love this book as well. It is filled with the stunning photographs of Ivan Terestchenko and the homes of what I consider "everyday people." 





It is like you walked into the homes of friends, each is so warm and comforting. The focus is on the details, a chair, a table, butlers pantry, a bookcase, a gallery wall. Not every room or photo will appeal to everyone but perhaps a detail on the bed, like the pillows, or the stove in the kitchen, or the frames on the wall will appeal to you. 





The book is divided into six chapters, my favorite is "Shall I put the Kettle On", the cosy nooks, well worn comfy sofas, and transfer ware in this chapter make me wish for a rainy day, a cup of tea, and a chance to sit and relax in any one of thee comfy homes. 


I loved so many of the rooms in the book because they looked like "collected" interiors, rooms that were put together over many years with favorite pieces including books, art, perhaps items purchased on the home owners travels, not all purchased in one store and plopped down in the house.






The last chapter, "The Style Gurus" lists by chapter the books and authors that inspired Lisa to write the book, many of which are favorites of mine; Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Vita Sackville-West, Nancy Mitford , Ernest Hemingway and so many more. 

I hope that you check out Novel Interiors: Living in Enchanted Rooms Inspired by Literature by Lisa Borgnes Giramonti. 

Have a great day! 




P.S: If you feel like baking a treat to enjoy while you peruse this book try these Frosted Fudgy Brownies from Once Upon a Chocolate Life.


Note: I was provided a copy of the book to review by Blogging for Books in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. If you love books and have a blog than you may be interested in checking out Blogging for Books



3 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth - Thanks for this book review. Looks like a fabulous one. Always enjoy peeks of beautiful homes and rooms. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, looks great - I've now ordered this one from the library. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, thank you so SO much for your lovely words about my book, Novel Interiors! It means so much to me that you enjoyed it! I wrote it hoping that it would find an audience with like-minded people who love literature and style and interiors -- and I am so thrilled that it has earned its place in your home! All best xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...