Saturday, June 13, 2015

Friday Favorites from the Giltter Guide, Handle the Heat, French Garden House and More

Good morning! A happy, beautiful weekend to you. I have been traveling this week in Pennsylvania and it has been beautiful, not only the weather but the scenery and the sights. I have visited gardens, battlefields, museums and of course have feasted on tasty treats as well. This weekend I am ready to have a vacation from my vacation. 


Must Read from The Glitter Guide

Summer is synonymous with many for reading. I can remember walking back and forth to the library at least once a week laden down books and adventures waiting to happen. The Glitter Guide posted its Must Read List for June and there looks to be something for everyone if you are looking for something new this week. 



Image from Handle the Heat


I love chocolate chip cookies ( ok, mostly the dough) and never tire of trying and tasting new recipes. This week I discovered a recipe for Browned Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Handle the Heat that looks easy and scrumptious. 



Image from French Garden House


For those of you who love seafood in the summer, check out this Lobster Salad from French Garden House. I don't know what looks better the dinner or the beautiful table setting. 



Image from PVE

Summer is all about adventures, so this year why not take the time to document your adventures, even if they are in your own back yard with the wonderful Travel Journal from Tom Bihn that Patricia of PVE Designs featured this week. 





Image French Essence


Don't forget that Father's Day is just around the corner, if you are looking for a few gift ideas check out Vicki's fabulous finds on  French Essence.

I hope that you have a great weekend. I am looking forward to seeing what you have been up to this week.






3 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! Great recommendations here ! I have yet to pick up Dear Carolina, but I will!

    Enjoying your summer? Sounds like you've started in Philly and what's next? We are so loving our holiday time! See you on IG! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elizabeth, What a fun list of resources you have here-very stylish. I'm ready to settle into some good books and just bought Dear Carolina. I would love to have you stop by and add some of your blog links to our lifestyle blog linkup #stylefocus this weekend. It's so much fun to meet new bloggers.
    Happy weekend!
    Cheers, Heather @ Stylemindchic Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...