Friday, June 19, 2015

International Picnic Day June 18th



Good morning! June 18th, is International Picnic Day. I am not sure who designates these things but I think it is as good a reason as any to break out of your routine and celebrate summer. There are a few things that are essential for the perfect picnic in my book. 


1. A beautiful location. 


Image Pine Cones and Acorns


2. A warm blanket. 



Tartan Blanket



3. A beautiful basket. 





4. Something savory. 


Tomato tart Williams Sonoma


5. Something Sweet (of course). 


Blueberry Hand-pies Pine Cones and Acorns

Bourbon Brownie


Now you could add a book, perhaps a little music and some wine as well and you would have everything you need to enjoy a perfect summer afternoon or evening.

What do you think? Doesn't a picnic sound like an excellent idea this week? What are your essential items for a picnic? Do you have a favorite spot, meal or beverage that you always take along?

I hope that you have a wonderful day and enjoy your picnic!












8 comments:

  1. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION is essential for me! Give me the beach. Then a bonfire is necessary because I'd be there all day into the sunset to enjoy a fire, as we've been observing happens here on the beaches of Carmel. What a great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love picnic and I remember when we used to vacation in Lake Placid Ny we would bring a picnic lunch on our hikes, I miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth you've motivated me to pull out my wicker basket and plan an afternoon to get away. That tomato tart looks so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Hi Elizabeth I am back in small doses:) SO missed being in blogland....I would LOVE to go on a picnic today but it will have to wait a bit.....hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tomato tart - yum!!! Just in time for summer. I'm looking forward to picnics in Maine. Hope you are staying cool, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When can I come to this event?
    Yummy looking picnic. This looks like
    the little island at the end of my cove .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article, It's one of the best content in your site for tour and travel . I really impressed the post. Good work keep it up. Thanks for sharing the wonderful post. International tour packages

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...