Saturday, July 4, 2015

Friday Favorites from Talk of the House, You May Be Wandering, Grance Dorre, Kevin and Amanda and More

Good morning! Happy holiday weekend! I am so looking forward to this weekend; I love the fireworks, picnics and barbecues with family and friends and I love the lazy days. What are your plans? Will you be traveling, hosting guests or just relaxing?

As I mentioned we are having a party this weekend, and although the menu is set and the invites are sent I still have no idea what to do for decorations. Thankfully I found this great post 25 Tables: Inspiration for the 4th of July from Talk of the House and now have inspiration for my tables. 
I am going to the fireworks and have never been able to take good photos. This year I think I may be successful after reading How to Take Firework Photos from Kevin and Amanda.



Image Fresh Family Meals

Supposedly there are people who do not like cookies, cakes and the like and they prefer their dessert in the form of fruit. I personally do not know anyone like that but if you do I think this Easy Flag Dessert by Family Fresh Meals is perfect for the holidays. 




If you need party or barbecue ideas for the 4th of July weekend than check out my post  4th of July Party Ideas  from earlier in the week. 

Summer is all about vacations and this Vacation Checklist from Sandy at You May Be Wandering is an excellent item to print out so that your vacation will be stress free. 

This post about Friends by Grance Dorre has nothing to do with the holidays of summer but I loved it and think you might as well.

I hope that you have a wonderful and safe weekend. Happy 4th of July!


5 comments:

  1. I know you are going to enjoy yourself this weekend! With your baking skills and hospitality, I am sure it will be a memorable one. Enjoy sweet Elizabeth! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout out! Have a fabulous 4th of July...I hope your party goes well! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 4th and thank you thank you for that dynamite dessert idea. i have never met a chocolate covered pretzel i didn't adore. peace to you, elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful inspiration for the July 4th holiday. Unfortunately we are going to get some rain but hopefully it will clear up in time for the fireworks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...