Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fig Dark Chocolate Walnut Bread


Good morning! I am sorry that I was absent from blogging last week, unfortunately I had a lot going on just could not find any extra time to blog or visit blog friends. I am back today though and looking forward to seeing what everyone has been up too.





This past week we had family in town and it is always fun to show them the sites, go to the beach, make and of course eat lots, and lots of food and just have fun. It was the perfect way to end the month.




One of the things that we made were a couple of loaves of quick bread using the things we purchased at the farmers market. 





This fig, dark chocolate and walnut loaf was a favorite so I thought I would share the recipe. 







Fig Dark Chocolate Walnut Loaf


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

6 ounces unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup light brown sugar

2 large eggs, at room temp

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

2/3 cup chopped fresh figs

1/2 chopped dark chocolate

1/3 cup chopped walnuts


Preheat oven to 325F. Spray 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment on the bottom.  In a small bowl sift together flour and baking powder then set aside. 

Stir butter and both sugars until combined. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Fold in figs, chocolate and walnuts. 


Pour batter into pan. Bake until toothpick comes out clean about minutes. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes  then cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cooled.






I hope that you have fabulous week! 


6 comments:

  1. So Sad That you loss your dear München too...i did niet read at your blog have i miss it..?....giving you a big hug so Sad to hear after all those years too love from me Ria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can almost smell it from here, looks divine! Your houseguests must love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks amazing! Figs, walnuts and chocolate are the three amigos in my book! Love to you my friend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy.... May have to try this..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...