Saturday, September 5, 2015

Friday Favorites from Delish, Once Upon A Chocolate Life, Carla Coulson, House Beautiful and More!






Good morning! Happy Labor Day Weekend! I guess this weekend is considered the end of Summer, hard to believe because in my area, because it has been in the high 90's. I will tell you that I am not going to complain though because from all I have heard on the news lately we are in for a long, cold winter. 


Scotland Image Diane at Yonks Blog

This week my Friday Favorites include many of my favorite things, gardens, museums, books, travel and more. 

Although it is the end of summer, I am still looking for new adventures for my next vacation. This "working holiday"  in Scotland is right up my alley. A) It's in Scotland. B.) It includes Books. C.) You can rent a room and in return you get to work in the owners bookstore!


Image from Delish Blog


Art and cake are two of my other favorite things. After seeing this unbelievable chocolate cake on DELISH I have decided this should be my next birthday cake!



Monet's Garden Image from House Beautiful


Museums and gardens are also on my list of favorite things. This post from House Beautiful includes the best museums and gardens! 


Last but not least, I LOVE reading blogs and I absolutely love reading other peoples stories, truths and life lessons. THIS post by Carla Coulson is brilliant and a beautiful piece of advice not only for 16 year olds, but for all women. You may know Carla for her stunning photography but I think you will really enjoy this post as well. 






One more thing! If you are looking for a chocolate, fudgey, scrumptious treat to make and eat this weekend make sure to check out these Cookies and Cream Brownies from Once Upon a Chocolate Life.

I am off to have my "stress test" this morning, hopefully we can finally rule out a few things and then get to the root of my pains lately.

Have a great weekend!







5 comments:

  1. These brownies look positively delish. I just gained 5 lbs. looking at the picture. Have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Elizabeth! OH MY, are we in for a wicked winter? Well, we had a fabulous summer and just now are we getting hot and humid. It was perfect all summer long!

    How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this inspiring post, chock full of wonderful things. The brownies are incredible looking! I hope you had a fabulous holiday weekend. Thanks for sharing with us on #stylefocus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! It will be Indian Summer for at least another month here and usually gradually go into Autumn (not Winter immediately!) Thank you for the inspiration!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...