Saturday, September 26, 2015

Friday Favorites from Mark Bittman, 5th & State, Better Homes and Gardens and More!

Good morning! Happy Fall and happy Friday! I hope that your week has been great and that you have been enjoying the beautiful weather. 

I have had a busy week am looking forward to a lazy weekend.  It's funny there are so many people who love to be busy, busy, but I prefer to be at home nesting and relaxing. I will be going just that this weekend. What about you?


Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times via NY Times

Cool weather, and early days call for a comfort meal. This easy Roast Chicken with Honey and Orange from Mark Bittman of the NY Times looks like an excellent Saturday meal. 


Chipolte, Chirzio, Bean Dip

Or how about this scrumptious Chipolte, Chorizo and Bean Dip? This would be a great dip to serve on game days.
Fall is the perfect time to change out your container gardens and who better than to get beautiful  examples from than Debra from 5th and State! Debra designs beautiful containers, gardens, and more. If you are in the St. Charles, Illinois area or Chicago, visit Debra at her stores and if not check out her great blog 5th and State


Great news! Adele is releasing a new album in November! I cannot wait. 

I love advice, especially from elderly women who have lots of experience with life. This video is great, not only showcasing these beautiful ladies as well as their advice. 


What did you dissever this week, any great movies, books, links? If so, please share. I love discovering new things and am always looking for a new book, or movie or blog. 

Have a safe and happy weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Dearest Elizabeth, I am with you. I am so busy but not by choice. It is getting me so frustrated, but I can't do a thing about it. I am so looking forward to summer vacation already! I would much rather NEST and relax myself.

    ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra always has the best tutorials and yay for comfort food season having arrived!! Enjoy your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you all the way, Elizabeth. I much rather be home relaxing. That bean dip looks so darn yummy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your links!! The chicken looks really good - I usually roast a chicken ever week so will add this recipe to my list! Hope you have a fabulous weekend, Elizabeth!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY! why thank you elizabeth!! i am in england with time on my hands, such a rare a treat, and decided to visit my blog friends, what a surprise. thank you dear friend
    xx
    debra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...