Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pimento Cheese Macaroni and Cheese

Good morning! How was your weekend? Mine was fabulous! My aunt and cousin came to a visit and it is always nice to spend time with family. We talked and laughed for hours about family, adventures and of course sharing good food and great memories. Isn't that what life is all about, family? 






If you know me I love cooking, especially if I am making comfort food. I prefer comfort food that has lots of cheese, like grilled cheese, casseroles, pastas with cheese and more. A few weeks ago I found a recipe for Pimento Cheese Macaroni and Cheese and thought I would whip up a batch. Oh my goodness, it is so creamy, cheesy and good. More importantly, it is easy! I think it would be a great addition to your Autumn table of even your tailgating parties. 






Pimento Cheese Macaroni and Cheese 


Ingredients:

1 pound macaroni

1 small tub of pimento cheese

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1/3 cup flour

2 cups milk

salt and pepper



Cook macaroni in boiling water for approximately 12 minutes or until pasta is el dente.  Drain and set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir flour into the melted butter until combined. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionaly. Add milk and stir until flour mixture has dissolved. Continue to stir until the mixture has thickened. Stirring will prevent the milk from scorching on the bottom of the pan. Once thickened, add 1 cup of Palmetto Pimento Cheese and remove from the heat. Stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. In a 9x13 pan combine macaroni and the cheese sauce until mixed thoroughly. Spoon remaining Palmetto Cheese over the top. 



Bake at 350F until bubbly, approximately 25 minutes.


For this recipe I used prepared pimento cheese, if you have your own recipe then by all means use that. Or if you do not have a recipe for pimento cheese, you can try this recipe  that I made in the Spring. 

What did you do this weekend? Relax, travel, have any adventures? Read any good books, see any movies or did you make something scrumptious?


I hope that you have a wonderful week! 




Linking to:

Coastal Charms
Inspiration Monday
Savvy Southern Style
Katherine's Corner Thursday

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! Wishing you a magical Monday, and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comfort food, timed perfectly for our losses this weekend. Pressing on . . .
    This is perfect Monday night food.
    Have a good week, Elizabeth!
    ~Lynne
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I'd like it, though I've never tried pimento cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm. your mac and cheese would have been perfect with the autumnal comfort fare at dinner last night -- home smoked ribs, corn casserole, cheesy potatoes,...thanks for reminding me how much i need this dish in my life. peace to you right where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...my...goodness!!! Pimento Cheese may be my favorite food...Mac and Cheese is a runner up...the two together = perfection! Hope you are enjoying this last full day of summer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, talk about delicious comfort food, macaroni and cheese, a fave and what could be better!
    Thank you so much for sharing...

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Painting Central Park

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...