Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My Thanksgiving Table Ideas



Good morning! How are you and your week going? Mine is great! I am on my second week at the personal trainer and thankfully this week I can actually walk and I can lift my arms above my shoulder. This has been a painful reminder that unless you use it, you loose it! 





This week my mind is on Thanksgiving because instead of traveling as I thought we were going to be doing, my family is coming to see me! I cannot wait because in addition to all of the tasty things we will be preparing for the big feast we will be shopping, baking, seeing the latest movies and so much more. After all, isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? Family. 




I have been dragging my collection of dishes and cutlery out to try different settings and this in the one that I have settled on. A beaded place mat with a stag, white plates with gold pine cones, vintage brown transfer ware, and a white salad plate with acorns to top it off. The cutlery is handmade and looks like twigs.




As for the centerpiece, candles and a collection of brown transfer ware pitchers filled with flowers, leaves and who know what else. I think I'll add a few baby pumpkins and call it a day. 

Then I can concentrate on the menu. For now we are thinking either ham, turkey or pork loin. Oddly no one really likes turkey but it feels like we should have a little one because after all it is Thanksgiving. 





As for the sides, chestnut stuffing, cranberry and wild rice, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, rolls and whatever else we can come up with. 

The dessert, for me it is all about the pumpkin pie! But I know we will have apple and pecan pie as well. 


If I did not eat anything else on Thanksgiving day I would not care as long as I had pumpkin pie. 

What are your plans for the holiday? What is on your menu? If you celebrated as my friends and family in Canada have, what was your favorite part of the celebration?

Have a great day and thanks for sharing.



5 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! Great ideas here. I like to keep it simple for just the two of us, which I believe will again be the case. A simple candlelight dinner will suit us and my Latino style turkey that we love. Enjoy your preparations and safe travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin pie for me is that ideal Thanksgiving treat. I actually prefer Thanksgiving on our date.... it doesn't feel like it meshes into Christmas being in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be going up to the north side of Chicago and we'll be bringing a broccoli cheese casserole and chip 'n dip appetizer. I adore your china!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting today! I just love your cutlery! I like turkey & ham at Thanksgiving! My mom is German so she always made my fave German red cabbage as a side so that's my fave veggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table setting for Thanksgiving... love the acorn salad plates.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...