Thursday, November 19, 2015

Virtual Cookie Exchange

Good morning! I know that next week is Thanksgiving and I should be thinking about the menu but honestly, the pumpkin pie is all I care about as far as the food goes. 


Sugar Cookies

For those of you that know me,  sweets are my thing and this week my mind is on Christmas. Christmas cookies that is. 

The women in my family are fabulous bakers.  I learned to bake at my grandmother and mothers side and in the weeks leading up to the holidays these ladies were busy.






My grandmother had 10 kids and she came from a family of 13 kids so she was baking for a small army.  I can remember as a child there was a closet that was stacked from floor to ceiling with cookie tins, each containing a different kind of cookie.  Talk about utopia for a little kid. 


Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have about 8 kinds of cookies that I bake and send to people every year. This year I want to branch out and try some new things. So I thought I would ask you to share your favorite cookie recipe with me. Is there a family recipe that you love, or something that you go back to year after year that the holiday would not be complete without it? 



Snowball Cookies



If so, please consider sharing your recipes with us. If it is something that you have already made and posted on your blog than send me the link and I will share it with everyone. If you have a link to the recipe that you follow send that as well. Or just copy and paste the recipe into the comments.



Raspberry and Apricot Rugulach


I will compile a separate post of any cookie recipes that are shared here so that we can all try them out. 


Have a great day! 


5 comments:

  1. Hello sweet friend! These are just wonderful, those star sugar cookies remind me of my mom. Have fun! I wish I could be involved....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom baked a lot of cookies around the Christmas season as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello beautiful, Elizabeth!
    What a wonderful idea! Christmas cookies are so special. When I was 7, I had to "have my tonsils out" over Christmas vacation. Sadly, I couldn't eat anything with nuts. My Grandmother "Elizabeth" froze a box of cookies for me and surprised me with "my own box"on my birthday in February. It was like having a box of gold. It drove my brothers crazy knowing that Christmas cookies hidden in my bedroom. Do you remember the pretty boxes that Christmas cards came in? The ones that were heavy cardboard,with the image of the card on the lid. Often embossed. So pretty. She recycled the card boxes by lining them with wax paper. ( To this day,I believe the depression era generation is the best at recycling. Was that even a word back then? LOL) I wish that she used a recipe for my very favorite Italian cookies. I have tried to replicate them, but my version is just not the same. I hope I can find a way to participate. My blog time has been diverted lately.
    I wish the best of blessings to you and your family.
    ~Lynne
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, what a wonderful idea and all of these cookies bring back memories.
    Thank you so much for commenting on my recent post!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    In the Blink of an Eye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, A "virtual cookie exchange" is a fabulous idea. Many years ago I participated in cookie exchanges with a group of friends. It was always a yummy good time. I have posted my contribution. Thank you for inviting me to participate. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...