Christmas is sometimes stressful because people think a gift must cost money, I am going to tell you of ten free gifts that do not cost a penny and you do not even have to go shopping for them. This list was printed in the bulletin on Christmas Even mass that my family attended in 2006 and I have saved it ever since because I thought it was such a great list.
1. The gift of LISTENING---why not give this gift to someone who lives alone? And you must really listen. No interrupting, no day dreaming, no thinking about your shopping lists. JUST LISTEN.
2. The gift of SIGNS OF AFFECTION---be generous with your hugs, kisses and gentle squeezes of the hand. Let these tiny actions demonstrate the love inside YOU.
3. The gift of a NOTE---it can be as simple as I love you or as creative as a sonnet. Put your notes where they will surpass a loved one.
4. The gift of LAUGHTER---just cut out a cartoon, or save a funny article, Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."
5. The gift of a GAME---offer to play your loved ones favorite game. Even if you loose you will still be a winner.
6. The gift of a FAVOR---help with the dishes, clean out the basement, etc.
8. The gift of LEAVING ALONE---there are times in our lives when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Become more sensitive to those times and give solitude.
9. The gift of a COMPLIMENT---a simple, "you look fabulous in blue" or "I like your hair" or "Great dinner honey" can be of the greatest value to those who may feel they are being taken for granted.
10. The gift of PRAYER---pray for those on your Christmas list and let them know that your pray for them. Praying for someone is a way of saying, "you are so special to me that I talk to God about you."
Frankly, I would love any of these gifts, as I am sure that loved ones in your life or perhaps a stranger or two would as well.
Christmas is all that is good in this world, it is a time of peace, magic and love, why not share a little of that with everyone that you meet?
Have a great day!
Have a great day!