Saturday, December 19, 2015

Friday Favorites from The Kitchen, The Pastry Affair, She Wears Many Hats, Once Upon a Chocolate and More

Good morning! Have you had a good week? I am trying to recover from being away for the last 2 weeks and get my self in gear to bake for Christmas. Apparently this morning I was doing something wrong because my "soft chewy caramels" turned into rocks and my sugar cookies that I have made for years were light, fluffy and airy and looked like blobs instead of trees. 




Hopefully I will have better luck this afternoon! In the meantime I have my mind on some other things like Christmas dessert, drinks and more. 


Image from The Kitchen


If you are looking for something to make for Christmas morning I think this Cinnamon Roll Wreath from The Kitchen looks perfect. 



Image from The Pastry Affair


Or perhaps this Swedish Tea Ring from The Pastry Affair instead? 



Holiday Pavlova Wreath from She Wears Many Hats


If you are in search of an easy Christmas dessert this Holiday Pavlova from She Wears Many Hats look and tastes delicious!



Gimme Some Oven


This week I am looking forward to a glass or two of mulled wine and this recipe from Gimme Some Oven is one I think I may try out. 


Image Heather Cristo

Or perhaps a little Christmas Sangria from Heather Cristo instead? 




I personally will be drinking a little Polar Express Hot Chocolate on Christmas eve.





And maybe a little Peppermint Hot Chocolate as well.





I will also be watching all of my favorite movies, White Christmas, Elf, The Christmas Carol and more. If you are looking for a movie or two that is not Christmassy, I recently watched two great movies flying home from Buenos Aries,  A Little Chaos with Kate Winslet, about two landscape gardeners at Versailles. I loved it! And Testament of Youth, based upon the WWI memoir by Vera Brittain.

What are you up to this weekend? I will be baking, hopefully with better results than this morning. Whatever you are up to I hope you have a fabulous weekend!




7 comments:

  1. Good morning dearest Elizabeth! That meringue wreath, oh my is that not beautiful! I can't believe Christmas is coming! Today is my last day of school and then two weeks of vacation. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Wonderful Holiday and Fun Baking!

    I bought yeast yesterday to make cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon roll wreath above is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good ideas here! Thank you, Elizabeth. I love the idea of peppermint hot chocolate. Sounds delicious, I will have to try it. I will bake my cookies next week. Chocolate crinkles are always a tradition in my house. Hope you are enjoying the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Swedish tea ring looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try and make the Holiday Pavlova. I've never baked a Pavlova before, have you? Great inspirational post. My oldest daughter and I have a Pinterest board for Christmas crafts and treats. Today is the last day of the semester for my youngest (we homeschool) so this weekend, let the baking commence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the look of that sangria and hot chocolate elizabeth. and now i am intrigued by the 'testament of youth'.....off to find
    if we do not chat prior a blessed christmas holiday to you & yours
    xx
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks beautiful and delicious! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...