Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lottery Fever



Good morning! How are you? I was just curious, have you got "lottery fever?" Have you been out to buy a ticket to win the biggest lottery in the world? Can you imagine spending just $3.00 to win $1.5 BILLION dollars? 

I did buy a ticket and have actually engaged in a little "what if" thinking. What would I do with the winnings? Well, I would help my FedEx lady fulfill her dream of moving to San Diego, then  would buy a new air conditioning system for my church or maybe just get a new church instead and of course give some money to family and friends. As for myself, I have always dreamed of moving to a cottage in Scotland set on a beautiful loch, I guess if I won I could upgrade to a castle on the loch instead? 

Or perhaps I would get a pied a terre in Paris so that I could visit my friends there whenever I wanted? Or maybe, I could just get a place at the newly remodeled Ritz where Coco Chanel lived?

I did realize when I was playing "what if" that I am actually pretty content with what I have and that what I would love to do with the money is spend more time with family, share many more adventures with the ones I love and share the wealth as they say with many causes that are near and dear to my heart. 

Please share, what would you do with  a windfall of money? Is there something that you have always dreamed of doing that you would do or is there someone that you would help, would you buy a plane and travel the world? Or perhaps get a seat going to the moon? 

Thanks for sharing! Good luck!



P.S. If you need a little pick me up this afternoon check out this scrumptious Mississippi Mud Pie Hot Chocolate, you can make it with or without the bourbon. 



6 comments:

  1. I have never ever bought a ticket, but I have done a lot of WHAT IF THINKING in my day! Wishing you the BEST chance to win my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought any tickets yet, but I am tempted to today...if I won I would travel the entire world (in first class!) and then choose my top three places and buy homes there. And I would definitely give a lot to my favorite causes! Good luck, Elizabeth!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to buy one. I would give every family member enough to live comfortably forever. I would buy each of my kids the house of their choice. I would put a couple million away for me to travel and buy a small beach cottage somewhere. The rest I would give away. I would give to find a cure for cancer, which took the lives of my husband, brother in law and many friends. I would give whatever my church needed. I would do whatever I could to help people live better lives. Wouldn't it be fun??

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we haven't bought a ticket. And yes, we have done some 'what if?' thinking. Somehow it seems almost *too much* - winning that much money could change your life - and maybe not for the good (must be my Catholic thinking). But yes, a lot of good could be done with it. I just pray that whoever wins can accomplish this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll buy tickets for Canadian lotteries, but one or two. I've seen people blow a couple hundred dollars on various tickets, and for what?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll buy tickets for Canadian lotteries, but one or two. I've seen people blow a couple hundred dollars on various tickets, and for what?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...