Saturday, February 6, 2016

Friday Favorites from The Food Charlatan, Will Cook for Smiles, The Balance Project, Once Upon a Chocolate Life and More

Good morning! It's the biggest weekend in the world if you love football. In all honesty I am not a fan of football but I am definitely a fan of the food! 


Image The Food Charlatan

This week I made  Cuban Mojo Marinated Pork from the Food Charlatan which in itself is delicious. 





But I made it so that we could make it into these Cuban Sandwiches which I think would be an excellent addition to your Superbowl party food!


Hot 7 Layer Dip from Will Cook for Smiles

Speaking of which, a party would not be complete without a, little ok a big bowl of some sort of dip. There are 10 Superbowl Party Dips here that all look delicious.  I will be making Hot 7 Layer Dip from Will Cook for Smiles .



Image HERE


Do you ever dream of buying a chateau in France and fixing it up? An Australlian couple purchased Chateau de Gudanes, a chateau from the 1700's are are restoring it, little by little. You can follow along HERE. After seeing all of their hard work I think I might save my pennies and find one that is already finished. 


Are you a busy woman looking for balance in your life? Than The Balance Project created by Susie Schnall is something you will want to check out. After all aren't you curious to see how other women manage to "have it all?"

If you love to read the book before the movie here is a list of 19 Books to Read Before The Movies come out in 2016. Are you a fan of books to movies? More often than not I prefer the book what about you?
Since it is the weekend I thought you might like to indulge a little and try this Chocolate Babka French Toast, if you don't want to make your own bread you can always buy a loaf to use instead. Or if you only want to make the bread to eat hot from the oven the recipe is from Smitten Kitchen.




And if you want to make something else chocolaty and delicious for your Valentine this week be sure to read my post from Monday of  The 25 Best Homemade Chocolate Valentine Treats


I hope that yo have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the Superbowl or whatever else you have planned. 



6 comments:

  1. That Cuban sandwich makes my mouth water. I sent your link to the Mr. and asked him if her could make it this weekend. Hopefully, he'll say yes... Have a great weekend, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The French toast looks particularly tempting!

    I don't care for football, so I won't be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pork looks incredible! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning my friend! That chicken looks good. I think I'll make that tonight! I hope you have a lovely, restful weekend. I'm looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elizabeth I am SO hungry and everything looks so good! I almost always enjoy the book over the movie. There is more rich detailing of the characters.

    I would love for you to link up this post on the inaugural edition of Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think readers would really enjoy it. There is also a giveaway associated with it. Every link is entered into the drawing. Hope to see you there!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cuban pork sandwiches, and I think that's a great idea to serve for a Super Bowl party. This year it will be just us……we aren't participating in any parties. I would love to live in an old French chateau…..wow. I might could find the energy to restore one….maybe…. ;P

    Lovely post!
    Enjoy your Super Bowl weekend!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...