Tuesday, March 22, 2016

15 Easter Desserts Made with Banana's and Coconut



Easter at My House

Good morning and a happy Spring to you! Can you believe it is Spring? I am sure that for those of us that have had cold, rainy or snowy weather this weekend we cannot believe it either. My mind is blocking that out because just the day before the temperatures plunged we had out air conditioning on and it was 81!


Banana Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting


Best-ever" Banana Cake

Today I am looking forward to the long weekend of Easter. I am trying to narrow down my menu and as you know I always start with dessert and work backwards. I was thinking this year of something with banana or coconut because it seems fresh, easy and spring-like. 


Hummingbird Cupcakes

Aside from chocolate, bananas seems to feature prominently in my desserts because I buy too many and then wither decide I am "off" bananas or they are too ripe, therefore they are in a dessert. Here are a few of my most popular banana, and coconut desserts that might be an interesting change for your Easter table. 




Banana Cake Cream Cheese Frosting

Banana Pie

Barefoot Contessa Banana Cake


Banana-Bars with Browned Butter Glaze

Coconut Cream Pie


Spiced Banana Cake

Banana Bar with Vanilla Bean Frosting

Banana Cream Tart


What do you have planned for Easter dessert? Will you be making a Hummingbird Cake or perhaps carrot? Or is there something that you serve that is traditional to your family festivities? Please share your Easter dessert ideas with us!

Have a great week, and stay safe.





7 comments:

  1. Ooooo those bunnies are sweet! Happy Monday my friend, and wow, I have not made a cake as such in years. We are always so busy at this time of year that celebration festivities are often put to the side, but I'd love to bake a cake sometime! Lovely photos and happy first Monday of spring! Thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that must taste way too good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every one of these look positively delish and worth every blessed calorie!! Have a great week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring. The bunnies are adorable. those cakes are enough to tempt anyone. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm probably going to bake a coconut cake, actually! I pinned one a few days ago that looks like a little lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All look soooo delish, Elizabeth!
    I have so many happy memories of Easter as a child!
    Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Featuring Artist Scott McBee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...