Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Monday

Good morning! How was you Easter? Did you celebrate with family and friends? Did the bunny bring you a little or a lot of chocolate?





Our weekend sadly included no family but we had dinner with great friends Saturday. On Sunday we spent a quiet, rainy day at home.  It was a perfect weekend. 




The Easter bunny brought a lot of candy, chocolates and more.




Spring seems to have come and gone, and it now feels like winter again but with lots of daffodils, tulips and flowering trees. Hopefully we will see a little warm weather  although not too soon because I want to enjoy a little Spring before we get right to Summer.




In many countries Easter Monday is a holiday, here in the US it is not a holiday for most unless you are a student and then it is probably part of your Easter break. 

Speaking of Easter, I never actually knew until this weekend( or if I did I forgot) why Easter fell on different days each year. Easter is determined by the Lunar calendar, therefore it falls on the first Sunday, after the first full moon, after the Spring Equinox, around March 21st. Therefore Easter will always fall between March 22 and April 25. Did you know that?




On that note,  I will wish you a wonderful day and a fabulous week! 



7 comments:

  1. Good morning dear friend! Like you, we had a rainy day. BUT! That didn't stop us! We drove over to one of the lakes, hoping to see the sunrise but because of the drizzle, the diffused light of day was all we got. However, that was enough for us because we had our bibles in the car with some poetry and a thermos of tea. It was sweet sunrise in our hearts.

    I am on spring break and I am THRILLED!!!!!!!! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Elizabeth! So happy you had a relaxing day for your Easter. I hope you have a fabulous week, my dear!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that about the calendar for Easter. Glad that you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter Monday is indeed a holiday in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear you had a happy Easter. Ours was spent with family and lots of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel a little guilty about eating bunny shaped sweets...I didn't know that you don't have Easter holidays, over here we have just had four days, including the weekend, which frankly is three days too many for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...