Saturday, March 19, 2016

Friday Favorites from Privet and Holly, Elements of Style, Hooked on Houses, Liberty of London and More

Good morning! Happy Friday and happy day after St.Patricks day! Did you enjoy any celebrations, parades, tasty food and perhaps some beer? We did not imbibe in any beer but we did have Ruben sandwiches, in which the corned beef was cooked in Guinness stout and, I did enjoy a Guinness Stout brownie or two afterward. They might be the best chocolate brownies I have ever eaten! 

Guinness Stout Brownies

By the way Guinness Stout Cake wasn't too bad either.


My "Friday Favorites" are all over the place this week but I hope that you find something new and interesting!


Image Privet and Holly


Suzanne at Privet & Holly is not only a talented writer but she has one of the kindest, gentlest souls in blogland. I never, ever leave her blog without feeling uplifted, smiling and a better person. How wonderful to have that gift. This week she wrote a beautiful post entitled Fingerprints that I think you will love.


Image Elements of Style

I have followed Brooke and Steve from Velvet and Linen for a long time and have enjoyed their beach house, their former house and the building of their dream house Patina Farm. Their fabulously photographed second book is out and you can read this great review by another favorite blogger Erin at Elements of Style.


Book Barn Hooked on Houses


Speaking of books and book lovers, this book cottage from Hooked on Houses would be perfect for me! I do not even need anything else because it has it all, bedroom, small kitchen, bath and walls and walls of books

Image Liberty of London


I am a huge fan of Liberty of London and thought this saddlebag featuring their iconic prints would be a perfect addition to my wardrobe.


Thank you so very much to all of the people who left comments and took the time to email me about the Caregiving post I wrote this week. I am overwhelmed by your compassion and your stories. At the end of the day the world is indeed a very small place and we are all trying to life our lives to the best of our abilities; sometimes we fail, sometimes we strive but at the end of the day we are trying to be the best we can be for ourselves and our family and friends.

I hope that you have a great weekend! Enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! Happy Friday to you; I love Patina Style and this newest book is on my list of must-haves! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great favorites this week, Elizabeth. Those brownies look mighty good. Going over to Privet and Holly now. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those brownies look much too delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you roundup this week. My husband would love those killer brownies! Happy Weekend Elizabeth! Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just not a Guinness fan. I have been to some amazing restaurants in Belgium where everything was cooked in Belgian beer and it was good, but Guinness.....no.
    On the other hand, that bookcase door is too cool for words!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped by to see what ideas you might have for Easter, you always have the best ideas! I was so happy I scrolled down and read your Friday post. I really love Privet & Holly, a blog site I had never seen before. I know I will be happy that I've subscribed.
    Happy Easter,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...