Saturday, March 26, 2016

Friday Favorites from Sprinkles Bakes, Shabby Sweet Cottage, Kitchen Treaty, Better Homes and Gardens, Butter Baking and More






Good morning! I hope that you have had a wonderful week! I cannot believe that this week is Easter, it always seems strange to me when Easter is in March, it seems too early. 




 What do you have planned, something with family and friends? I wish that this holiday included family but we are too far away, so maybe the next one. 




I know Easter is not about the basket and the treats, but it is one of those holidays that stands out from childhood for so many reasons, including family, baskets and so much more.  We used to get the most fabulous baskets, beautifully decorated and filled with all of our favorite candy and either a stuffed rabbit or a lamb, wrapped in cellophane, tied with ribbon and hidden. Before mass we had to search for our baskets, then once found we sampled a few treats headed off to mass and then home for and Easter egg hunt. In addition, we always had a beautiful panoramic egg. My mom made these eggs and each was unique and different. I miss those eggs because you hardly ever see them any more but I think what I miss more is my family and all that Easter stands for. 


Image from Sprinkles Bakes


If you are still baking and preparing for Easter, Sprinkles Bakes made some easy and beautiful Sprinkle Sugar Cookies that you may want to try. 






Or if you would like to make a cake, a pie or something else that includes bananas or coconut, check out my 15 Easter Desserts Made from Banana's and Coconut.



Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Bun from Butter Baking


I made these Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns from Butter Baking and they are delicious, so delicious in fact that I will be making them again this Easter weekend.


Image Shabby Sweet Cottage


I have yet to decide on a tablescape, but I love this one from Shabby Sweet Cottage using neutrals and probably things you already have at home. 


Natural Easter Egg Dye from Better Homes and Gardens

I still have to dye a few Easter eggs, that is only my list for today, after all it is tradition, so I think I am going to try these great ideas from Better Homes and Gardens using natural dye from vegetables and more.

Once you dye those eggs you are going to have to eat them, here are 21 Deliciously Different Deviled Egg Recipes from Kitchen Treaty.

This last item has nothing to do with Easter but I loved it. It is from Sharon at My French Country Home and is titled The Power of a Picture. I hope that you read it because it tells about the power of a picture, Instagram and the internet. 


I hope that you have a blessed Good Friday and a wonderful and Happy Easter. 





5 comments:

  1. THERE THEY ARE! THE FOIL EGGS! Oh my sweet friend, what a surprise to see you in my mail yesterday, and these eggs are sweet as YOU. Thank you , and I wish you a warm, sunny and happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning....like you we are all separated this year so we are meeting my two oldest sons for a nice day in the city then will have an early dinner there at a favorite restaurant. Makes it easy for me though I do love all the fun that goes along with Easter prep and miss the dying of the Easter eggs, the hunts, and filling Easter baskets......oh boy do I miss that! Wishing you a happy Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blessed Easter, sweet Elizabeth!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you! The sugar cookies are unexpected.

    Here the weekend has begun with snow and freezing rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those treats look delicious. The buns really made my mouth water. Thanks so much for visiting me and including my table setting in your Friday favorites. You totally made my day! Have a blessed Easter and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...