Saturday, March 5, 2016

Friday Favorites from Tone on Tone, Seasons & Suppers, Smithsonian and More

Good morning! Can you believe it is already March! Soon it will St.Patrick's day, then Easter and Spring! I cannot believe how fast 2016 seems to be going. I have said it before but I feel as if the older I get the faster life seems to pass. All the more reason to enjoy each and every day.





Image Loi Tone on Tone Here

I love Maine and would love to own a house there but we are trying to downsize our lives so that will have to be in another lifetime. If you or anyone you know is looking for a completely restored main or vacation home contact Loi and Tom of Tone on Tone who are downsizing and selling their Maine house. It is spectacular!



Image from Seasons & Suppers

I know that many people live a high protein lifestyle and try to avoid carbs. I would like to stay that I do but if you read this blog with any regularity than you know that I enjoy carbs, a lot. Bread is one of my favorite things EVER to eat, although I do not make it too often because I could eat half of a loaf right out of the oven. This week Seasons & Suppers made Chunky Cheddar Bread and I cannot wait to try it. Doesn't this look like the perfect treat for a cold, snowy day?





March 3rd was National Peanut Butter day who knew? Although I love a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich I prefer my peanut butter with chocolate. Any one of these 12 Best Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes would be on my list of treats to eat.



Image Here

Spring means Easter and Spring Break.  Are you going to be traveling to New York for Easter? If so check out 10 Best Easter Activities in New York from NYC, Style and a Little Cannoli.



If you will be in Chicago April 16-17 you could attend  The Chicago Artisan Chocolate Festival


Image The Art Institute of Chicago

Speaking of Chicago, if you are a Van Gogh fan than you must get to The Art institute of Chicago from now until May 10th to see their new exhibit of Van Gogh. You can also see the 3 Bedroom Paintings in one place, side by side. Did you know there was more than one of this iconic painting? I confess that I did not. In addition, if you are incredibly lucky you can stay in replica of this room which is featured on Air Bnb, for $10.00. I love the listing!


I hope that you have a great weekend! As always if you found a great book, movie, recipe or whatever this week please share it with us!












7 comments:

  1. Wow... I can't remember anything I read after the peanut butter brownies. Boy do they look delish. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your Friday posts. And, I never had a chance to thank you for featuring my post last week. Yikes - I am too busy! I think everyone is traveling for Spring Break, but that is good for me, I guess! I am going to take my time to read all the links, but I wanted to add that my husband saw the Van Gogh exhibit at the Art Institute and said it was great...how cool about the AirBnB! I also loved Loi's post on their Maine home - I wish I could rent that. :) And, carbs...you KNOW they are my fave! Have a fabulous weekend, Elizabeth! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...I just looked at the AirBnB listing - what a classic! I think the room replica is part of the exhibit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Van Gogh. Our National Gallery has at least a couple of his works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend! Don't ya just love Loi? He is not only talented but kind. His downsizing project will be fun to watch, hey?

    Enjoy this weekend. We are getting snow at this very minute, but hope to have sunshine for our 34th wedding anniversary on Sunday! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci mon amie :) Have a wonderful weekend, Anita. xo

      Delete
  6. Hi, Elizabeth - You are the best!!! Thank you so much, my friend. Please come visit us in Castine. We'd love to show you around town. Have a wonderful weekend.
    xoxo
    L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...