Saturday, April 2, 2016

Friday Favorites from Olive, Classic Casual Home, Write-On and More

Good morning! How was your week! Mine was fabulous. My sister and her family surprised me by coming to visit from the Mid-west for Spring Break, and by surprise I mean I heard a knock on the door and when I opened it there they were. I LOVE surprises like that! So we have been going to the beach, taking long walks, shopping, and of course eating. 

Here are a few of my favorite things from this week. 

Photo Pine Cones and Acorns

April is National Card and Letter Writing(yes there is such a thing) and I think this Write-On challenge to write 30 letters in 30 days is a great idea. How wonderful to connect with family, friends or even strangers this month by writing one letter a day. 

Paris Pine Cones and Acorns


Do you have plans to travel to Paris this summer or in the near future?


Paris cafe Photo Pine Cones and Acorns


Mary Ann from Classic Casual Home wrote two fabulous posts lately in which she shared her 15 Favorite Home Stores to visit in Paris and Practical Tips for Where to Stay and Eat in Paris

If you are traveling in France in the near future, I recently discovered The Cooks Atelier a fabulous place in Beaune, France. They offer cooking classes, market tours, and more. I think it looks like a great place to shop, learn and eat!


Image Town and Country

I love this sweet little English Cottage featured on Town and Country living and would love to rent something like in when I am there next.


Image Olive Magazine


I currently have the bread for this scrumptious Glazed Apricot Bread rising now. I will let you know how it tastes!


I hope that you have a fabulous weekend! We are in for another weird weather weekend with a cold front and icy rain moving in. Be safe if you are in the path of the latest storm.




10 comments:

  1. Great picks have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth the apricot bread sounds so delish, I am going to bake it right away for Sunday brunch! Stay safe this weekend, the weather has been crazy!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday, Elizabeth!!! I hope you had a terrific week and that you have a wonderful weekend! I love the idea of the 30 letter challenge - I have a certain someone on my list to write to today! :) Oh, I wish I was going to Paris this summer - I am experiencing serious wanderlust. I need to plan an adventure!! Talk to you soon! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise seeing your Sis and family at your door. I bet you guys had a fun visit. It's those unexpected times that can make such great memories....I love the letter writing idea Eluzabeth thanks for sharing it. think I'm going to try it.
    Big hugs
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops sorry for typos I'm on my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  6. renting a cottage in england sounds absolutely dreamy! that's going on my list. as for the summer, just a few american retreats for me. peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Paris links you've posted and that pretty English cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post! No plans to visit Paris soon, but I always like to see what others find in Paris. I'm off to visit the links.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for reminding people there are plenty of things to see in France outside Paris! Beaune is lovely. I'm partial to the south--that's why I live here.
    Surprise visits can be fun--you just go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...