Saturday, April 16, 2016

Friday Favorites from Tone on Tone, Cup of Jo, The Iron You, The Food Charlatan and More

Good morning! How was your week? Unfortunately, I am still fighting my cold and coughing all night. That is the most annoying part. Oh well  what can you do? 

Another weekend of rainy, cold weather headed this way so I will be stuck inside recuperating and relaxing. What about you? 

Image Tone on Tone


Spring is definitely in the air somewhere, here it looks like spring but there is still a bitter wind. No matter though because after reading Loi's of Tone on Tone post this week Arrangements in White I have all the inspiration I need to bring Spring into my house. If you like flowers you have to check out this post, Loi teamed with several blog/Instagram friends and they all posted about arrangements in white. Stunning is putting it mildly!


Image from Cup of Joe

Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day, unless I am eating something sweet like pancakes, waffles, cinnamon rolls or something like that and by that I mean containing sugar. For the most part I start my day with a  protein shake or avocado and eggs on sprouted grain bread, which is tasty and good for me. But I think I may start making this fabulous Breakfast Board which I spotted on Cup of Jo.

Chickpea Tikka Masala Image from the Iron You

I discovered a fabulous blog this week, The Iron You, written by Mike it is filled with beautiful recipes, photos and tips for living a healthier lifestyle.


The Best Chocolate Cake Ever from The Food Charlatan

This is not healthy, but hey a person can have a treat once in awhile right? I LOVE chocolate cake with lots of frosting and have been searching for a new recipe to try so I think I will be making this Magleby's Copy-cat Chocolate Cake from The Food Charlatan.


This article, When I'm Gone from Medium  will definitely give you something to think about. Make sure you have a box of Kleenex though because you are going to need it. 

love stories like these and would love to discover a long lost treasure in my attic!

This is another great story, from homeless to baker!

That is it for this week, I hope you found something new here this week. If you found something interesting or tasty please share.

Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

  1. So glad to learn about Iron You! That dish looks yummy. As for unhealthy detours, I hold out for only the most delicious, high-quality decadence so that it's really worth it. No store-bought cookies (I told my kid, if you're going to eat crap, it's going to be homemade crap. A kid doesn't appreciate decadence the way an adult does).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast. Is my favourite meal of the day! But it's usually the same plain yoghurt with chia seeds, fruit and a piece of toast, however the breakfast board looks fantastic - imagine that sitting outside in the warm sunshine listening to the birds sharing with the family - that would certainly be my perfect start to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your Friday links...always so many interesting tidbits. I read the article about the letters from the father and, yes, I cried too. I hope you feel better soon and enjoy your weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chocolate cake looks to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friend! You are the best, Elizabeth!! Many, many thanks! I am so grateful for your shares.
    Happy weekend ahead.
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM LATE for the party! First of all, Loi is dynamic in his kindness and DÉCOR! I just bought a vintage settee that I am going to restore à la Loi. And that cake...I better get out of here....chocolate calls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Elizabeth! Love all these photos and links. I could go for a couple of nibbles off that breakfast board right now. Have a great weekend. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...