Saturday, April 30, 2016

Friday Favorties from Privet & Holly, Our French Oasis, Pretty Pink Tulips, Castles, Crowns and Cottages, HIP Paris and More

Good morning! A very happy weekend to you. It is going to be a wet, chilly one here so that means a self imposed lazy weekend. I can use it because every muscle in my body aches because of my new workout regimen. In addition to weight training I have been taking hot yoga strength classes. Apparently, I have no muscle mass because it hurts to lift my arm when I brush my teeth and every time I walk up and down the stairs. I will be enjoying all of my favorites from this week while I rest and recover. 

Keri Rosenthal "Hint of Lime" photo via Elizabeth Pretty Pink Tulips

Mother's Day is fast approaching and if you would like to win a beautiful Kerri Rosenthal painting head over to Pretty Pink Tulips and share your happiest memory of your mother. NOTE: The painting above is not the one in the contest, visit Elizabeth's blog to see it. 




Or if your mother is a chocolate lover, you should consider baking this Magleby's "Copycat" Chocolate Cake Recipe aka "The Best Chocolate Cake Ever" from Once Upon A Chocolate Life. I have made it several times and it really is one of most delicious cakes I have ever made, chocolaty, moist and covered in creamy frosting. 

Can you see the Magic in Life? Wether you think you can or you can't, visit Suzanne's post at Privet & Holly, she is an incredibly talented write and photographer and friend and I love for people to discover her talents. 




Speaking of talent, I am in awe of creative people and no one more so than my dear friend Anita, from Les Dames d' abord or Castles, Crowns and Cottages as it is formerly known. In addition to her writing, Anita has been practicing and developing her photography skills and is she is creating magic. If you do not follow her blog make sure to check out her Instagram page.






 I LOVE Paris and have been lucky enough to travel and spend a lot of time there, so I frequently share links about it and each time that I do my French followers email me and ask me why I do not focus on other parts of France.  This week I wanted to share one of my favorite French blogs, Our French Oasis written by Susan, of Charente Maritime of South West France where she lives in a small village with her husband and five children. Susan and her husband are English and have lived all over the world including New Zealand, the USA and the Caribbean but are now calling France home, you can follow along on their adventures as they fix up their old French home and explore their region along with enjoying their French oasis. 

By the way, if you know anyone that loves Paris, and social media and will be there this summer, check out HIP Paris Blog, they are looking for a Summer intern based in Paris. 

Have you seen Becoming Bulletproof, I recently watched it and loved it. It is a documentary that follow a group of disabled adults who make a film and so much more.  You will never look at a dialed person the same way again.

To all of those who commented on my post Just Curious...Do You Write Honest Comments on Social Media I would like to say thank you. The world is a crazy place, blogging is sometimes as well and although I frequently write about food, travel sometimes I have other things on my mind and it is nice to be able to share in a discussion with you about them.

I hope that you found something here that you liked! If you found something interesting this week, please share!

Have a great weekend.


7 comments:

  1. Gosh, a huge thank you! I was reading through this, thinking I must find time to follow Les Dames d'abord on Instagram when I saw my blog mentioned and such lovely words, it was a total surprise and thank you again! I am sorry to say we are forecast to have a wonderfully warm and sunny w/e here in SW France! However, I do know just how you feel, we have had many wet ones too, it's always a good reason to cook! I use it as an excuse to teach the children new things in the kitchen, chocolate meringues, making pastry the old fashioned way, the mess is enormous, but it's so much fun!!! Have a lovely weekend, Susan X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chocolate cake tip! I'm planning a Cinco de Mayo bash (since it falls on a holiday in France for once) and since chocolate originated in Mexico (and though I could eat Mexican food at every meal, I can forego the desserts), I'm going to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! WOW, I am honored, truly surprised and honored my dear Elizabeth! Thank you so much for featuring me! I have really been having a great time (trying to juggle this with work) taking photos in new settings. I have come to learn that light is the star of a photo, the photographer the director of the show. So much to learn and enjoy!

    I am honored to be here among such great bloggers as Suzanne and Elizabeth from Pretty Pink Tulips! Hugs to you dear and kind friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks delicious!

    Some French photoblogs from outside Paris; I follow these ones:

    http://www.loiredailyphoto.com/
    http://amboisedailyphoto.blogspot.ca/
    http://versaillesdailyphoto.blogspot.ca/
    http://www.mentondailyphoto.com/

    And a couple of Paris photo blogs:

    http://parisandbeyond-genie.blogspot.ca/
    http://paristhroughmylens.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew I forgot one!

    http://avignon-in-photos.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good reading here. Thanks so much Elizabeth for all the great tips! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you, I will spend my morning blog hopping. Hopefully, that exercise will burn some calories! Have a great weekend, dear Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...