Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Amaretto Cream Cheese Coffee Cake with Crumble Topping


Good morning! How was your weekend? I hope it was wonderful and relaxing, whether the weather was freezing or toasty warm. Mine was great, freezing and toasty warm but relaxing. Let me apologize for not posting my Friday Favorites, I was traveling this week and rather than rush a post I thought I would just skip it and pick up next week. I am sorry for those that wrote to say they missed it, I will post this week. 






You know that I love to bake and this weekend was no exception, I made this scrumptious Amaretto Cream Cheese Coffee Cake and I think it may be one of my new favorites. Everything about this cake is delicious the moist cake, the cream cheese filling and the crumbly topping. 




Amaretto Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Recipe from Call me PMcC


Cake

21/2 cups flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup amaretto
2/3 cup buttermilk, room temperature

Filling

2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, room temperature

Streusel

1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, melted
21/2 cups all purpose flour

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 325. Then prepare a 9x13 inch pan or a 10" spring form pan with cooling spray and line with parchment paper. 

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter and mix. The batter with be think and crumbly. Add the eggs, buttermilk and the amaretto, then mix the batter until smooth and fluffy for 2 to 3 minutes.  Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the pan.

For the filling:

In another large mixing bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, and egg. Beat the mix until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Spoon the filling mixture over the top of the cake batter. 

Spread remaining cake batter over the top of the cream cheese filling. Smooth evenly and set aside to make the streusel

Streusel topping:

Mix the brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and salt together. Add the butter and mix to combine. Add the flour and mix, use you hands r a pastry blender to fully combine the mixture. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the cake. 

Bake at 325 for 40-55 minutes. The center will be set and NOT jiggly when it is finished and fully cooked. Cool on a wire rack completely before serving. 






What do you think? Do you think you would like a piece of this at your breakfast table or on your coffee break? I made a few of these and gave them to friends and neighbors and even froze a couple to send to my in-laws; that is how tasty this cake was. I cannot make it again for my future house guests. 






Have great day!




10 comments:

  1. Wow, this cake looks awesome!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Have a happy week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning my dear! Off to school I go, but I just wanted to say HAPPY MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a beautiful day my dear! Counting the days until summer holiday for you!

      Delete
  3. OMG!!!! Does this ever look delish and worth every blessed calorie! Have a great week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, it is so good! You should try it when the kids come home, then you will not be tempted(like me) to eat the while thing.

      Delete
  4. Oh my husband is a cheese cake nut and would love this. It looks so yummy. Have a wonderful flower filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's it, you have to open your own bakery, Elizabeth!!! I will be your best customer :) Hope you are staying dry and warm. Wet and chilly here in DC. xoxo, L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...