Saturday, May 21, 2016

Friday Favorites from Cooking Classy, How Sweet it Is, Southern Living, Tobi Fairley, Henhurst and More

Good morning! I hope that you had a fabulous week. Have you any interesting plans for the weekend? I am planning on the farmers market and fingers cross some sun. I might need to start light therapy if we do not see some soon. 





I am always on the lookout for a new bar, or brownie recipe. This week I made four batches of these brownies  and they were scrumptious. You might want to put them on your list of things to make!



Image from Cooking Classy

You might not know this but although I love to bake and I am a good cook I really hate making dinner. Weird I know but that is the way it is so if I can find something fast and easy, not to mention delicious to whip together I love it. This week I discovered this Quick Chicken Tiki Masala from Cooking Classy and it fit the bill. If you are a fan of Indian food try it, I think you will like it. 


Mint Limeade from How Sweet It IS

Should I see a ray of sun this weekend I plan on sitting out to soak it up with a glass of this Mint Limeade from How Sweet It Is. Doesn't this look refreshing?


I might even read one of these interesting books suggested by Tobi Fairley one of my favorite designers. 



I love home tours, especially ones with fabulous interiors and gardens. This week Phyllis of Henhurst Interiors posted about the beautiful DuPont home Nemours

This is Glamorous posted about a beautifully restored house in England that you might like as well. 

I am pretty sure that the gardens of these two houses do not have any weeds, especially dandelions. Dandelions  are the bane of many garden lover but did you know that the Pilgrims brought them to America in 1600, learn about that bit of trivia and more in this article from Southern Living.


I hope that you have a great weekend. If you have a book, movie or recipe that you discovered this week let us know! 





9 comments:

  1. I love all these links to new things, new blogs. Except for the brownies, which might make me fall off the wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Elizabeth! Nice shares! Like the above blogger says, brownies can certainly take me for a dangerous ride if too close! HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Friday posts! Those brownies look right up my alley. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth. Great dish. Hope you'll bring it over to Food on Friday over at Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chicken Tikka Masala --
    it's a favorite in our house, too!

    I just finished the book "Dead
    Wake" by Erik Larson, the same
    author who wrote "Devil in the
    White City." Both book club pics,
    as that's not my normal type of
    read, but as with "Devil," I learned
    so much fascinating history and
    was very glad that I read it!

    Hope you have a wonderful and
    (hopefully) SUN-KISSED weekend!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful places to explore. The brownies look wonderful and the limeade....yum! Wishing you a sunny afternoon. Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post...so much to look at! I look forward to visiting a number of these....hope you are having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the link to the Tikki Masala

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...