Saturday, May 7, 2016

Friday Favorites from Spicy Southern Kitchen, Once Upon A Chocolate Life, Gwen Moss, South Shore Decorating Blog and More


Good morning! Did you survive Cinco de Mayo last night? I did not do anything to celebrate, thankfully, because Mexican food is one of my all time favorite things to eat. I probably would have eaten my weight in chips, guacamole and beans. I am however planning to indulge on Saturday at the Derby party that we are having.



Spicy Southern Kitchen


This Southern Pimento Cheese Burger from Spicy Southern Kitchen made with


Pimento Cheese Dip






My favorite Pimento Cheese Dip  and washed down with a mint julep or perhaps a Blush Lily are just a few of the items on the menu.





Along with one of my favorite chocolate desserts ever, Double Chocolate Bourbon Brownies with Frosting.

In addition to the Kentucky Derby this weekend, don't forget it's Mother's day! If you are lucky enough to be with your mom make sure to make her feel extra special by perhaps making her something scrumptious to eat like a coffee cake? I can help you with that as I have several favorites. 




I made and then mailed several scrumptious treats to my mother-in-law, including this Triple Cinnamon Coffee Cake,






Vanilla Peach Coffe Cake

For something a little healthy(ha ha) with the addition of fruit then try this Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake.

If you wanted a cool gift for mom( which would be a little late) check out Stacy's List of Etsy Favorites from the  South Shore Decorating blog If you already have a gift bookmark this post because there are some really great things!

I am looking forward to seeing The Man Who Knew Infinity with Dev Patel and Jeremy Irons. 

If you are missing Downton Abbey Julian Fellows has created a new show called Doctor Thorne an adaptation of Anthony Trollope's book of the same name. 

Lately I have been trying to be more present and mindful in my life and this post from Leslie at Gwen Moss,  Thoughts on Slowing Down is a perfect reminder of what we miss when we don't stop and smell the roses.

That's it for this week! What did you find that was interesting, a movie a book or a great blog post, if so please share.  I hope that you have a wonderful, safe weekend.

To all of the moms out there, Happy Mother's day! You have the hardest and most selfless job in the world, so take a little time for yourself this weekend, you deserve it.





7 comments:

  1. Elizabeth you're so sweet. thank you for the shout out. I always enjoy reading your Friday favorites! :)
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dieting and had Campbell's soup for dinner, so this is making my mouth water like never before! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did Cinco de Mayo for about two dozen people. Maybe indelicate (it celebrates Mexico's victory over France), but our French invitees didn't mind. They loved the food--I made everything with the chilies on the side, so nothing was too hot.
    Those brownies look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning my friend! I totally missed Cinco de Mayo, being at work. When I lived at home in California, it was a given to celebrate this since I am of Mexican heritage. The fun dances I'd participate in, the fiestas, THE FOOD! Now, it's all a part of my sweet memories. I must however, keep my eye on the derby! Horses are my passion.

    Have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brownies and cakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will take on of each! Did I ever tell you that pimento cheese is one of my top five favorite foods!! I have been back in the south for 4 hours and have already had a pimento cheese sandwich! Have a lovely weeknd, my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I can almost taste those double chocolate brownies. They look amazing......and so moist. You know, brownies are my favorite dessert (and chocolate cake with vanilla frosting). :)

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...