Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Summer Berry Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette

Good morning! How was your weekend? I hope that it was relaxing. I have been traveling in Philadelphia for the last five days and I would not be exaggerating if I said that I ate at least 5 meals a day! Between the cheese steak and roasted pork sandwiches, chocolate treats at Shane Confectionery, appetizers and drinks, dinner and then desserts I need to do a serious cleanse. 





This week I am going to be doing a lot of "clean eating" and this Summer Berry Salad with Lemon herb vinaigrette is definitely on the menu everyday. 






Summer Berry Salad

6 cups washed spring greens
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blackberries 
1 cup sliced strawberries
 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 lime quartered 


Wash all greens and dry, then wash berries. Mound the salad on a plate and sprinkle with the berries, top with almonds and a then add limes. 

Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
Recipe from The Cafe Sucre Farine

Ingredients

1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried mint
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

Combine all ingredients in a lidded jar, shake well. Then let sit at room temperature for a 1/2 hour for the flavors to meld. Store dressing covered in the refrigerator. 




I hope that you have a wonderful week! Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. That looks so good. It's so much easier to eat healthy in the summer--the abundance of good produce, the heat that makes you want to eat something light and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how delicious and fresh is this! Berries, greens and almonds, YES PLEASE! And I had a super weekend. I hope yours was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous, healthy salad! Enjoy your week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous! I am going to pin this for dinner at the lake!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...