Tuesday, June 21, 2016

White Cupcakes with Whipped Buttercream Frosting

Good morning! Happy 1st day of Summer! Did you have a nice weekend? And did you enjoy Father's Day? I hesitate to ask that because I know that many of you have lost your dad's, if that is the case I hope that you were able to enjoy your memories of him. My dad is in Wisconsin so I will not be celebrating him until I see him in August, but we did have a nice long talk and shared a lot of laughs.




The weather was fabulous here, sunny, and mild temperatures, perfect for time on the paddle board and a little road trip around the area. 





I did manage to whip up a batch of these delicious cupcakes. Are you a chocolate or a white cake lover? I actually prefer white cake to chocolate, and I really enjoy it with Whipped Buttercream, the more the better!




White Cupcakes
Recipe from Add a Pinch

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs, room temperature
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cupcake pans with cooking spray or cupcake liners and set aside. 

Cream together the butter and shortening until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Slowly add the 3 cups of sugar, one cup at a time making sure to incorporate the sugar fully before adding the other. Then add the eggs one at a time, be sure to incorporate each egg before adding another. 

In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then in another bowl whisk together the milks, vanilla and almost extracts. Add to the butter/shortening mixture, alternating between the milk and the flour mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. 

Pour mixture into the cupcake liners, about 2/3 filled, do not overfill. Bake for 15-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and place cupcakes onto cooling rack. Wait until cooled to frost. 

Frost and then enjoy!




Whipped Buttercream Frosting

2 sticks of softened butter
4-5 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2-3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream

In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar a little at a time on low speed. Then add the extracts and the whipping cream and whip the mixture until light, airy and fluffy. You can add more cream to make the frosting the spreading consistency you like. 





I hope that you have a great week!




7 comments:

  1. I also prefer white cake to chocolate. Wedding cake!!! But I like the cooked frosting that's made with a flour paste, because it uses less sugar than regular buttercream. I have yet to try Swiss meringue frosting. Need to get me a candy thermometer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning dearest friend! We had a lovely Sunday together, getting more goodies for the garden, just hanging out. I did think of my dad, my mom, our family. I came away grateful for what I have left and what overflows. Those cupcakes are sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot tell you how scrumptious these look! I have sworn off sugar for a bit but if I was going to eat it, one of these would be my top choice! Hope you are having a wonderful week, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are speaking my language...i'm fluent in buttercream! yum. the doctor says i can eat sugar but my short shorts disagree! peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delicious these look Elizabeth. Hope you are having a wonderful summer with lots of outdoor adventures.
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite Elizabeth! I love white cake and I will have to try this recipe. It doesn't get better than with a buttercream frosting too, btw--your photography is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...