Saturday, August 27, 2016

Friday Favorites from Alexandra's Kitchen, Elle Decor, Kirsty Mitchell's Photography, Seth Herlinger and More


Good morning! How are you this beautiful Friday morning? I am fabulous and as I say every single Friday, ready for the weekend. I have books to read, and a spot at the ocean waiting for me. What about you? What are your plans?


Baked Ricotta Cheese from Alexandra's Kitchen

As I mentioned I have spent the last couple of weeks in Wisconsin and cheese is a staple there. One of my new favorite dishes is this Bake Ricotta Cheese from Alexandra's Kitchen. It is delicious easy and a great accompaniment to aperitifs. 

I love to mix up a new cocktail to start the weekend and this Elderflower Spanish Gin and Tonic from Craft and Cocktails is on my list for the weekend. 





If you missed my post this week featuring this scrumptious and easy Swedish Cream with Raspberry Sauce make sure to check it out. I promise that you will love this refreshing dessert.


Image from Elle Decor

Looking for some reading material for Fall. Elle Decor suggests these books for 2016.



Kirsty Mitchell Image from Arto Philia


I have been an admirer of Kirsty Mitchell the photographer for many years, her story and work are amazing. This week she is taking orders for the second printing of her fabulous book Wonderland and I cannot wait to get mine. 

Thanks to my friend Marsha I discovered an amazing photographer, called Seth Herlinger . Check out his site HERE.

Yesterday was the 100th Anniversary of the National Park Service. We are certainly very lucky to have these beautiful parks in the USA. 

Did you discover a must read or must see this week? If so please share with us. I hope that you have a  happy and safe weekend.





4 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! Are you enjoying cooler weather? We are...still in the mid to high 70s, but cooler than normal. Back to school for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! Great post. As far as books go, I couldn't put Behind Closed Doors down!! Have a great weekend at the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love your Friday links! I adore baked ricotta (or feta) but this summer I am having a love affair with burrata. The cocktail looks great to. I need the list of books IF I can ever manage to catch up on my reading. Hope you enjoyed your weekend - it was delightful here - I spent both days by the pool!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...