Thursday, August 25, 2016

Just Curious...What Have You Been Up to on Your Summer Vacation?

Good morning! I hope that you are well and having a great week. I have been catching up at home and work and frankly need a day to relax so I am happy the weekend is upon us. I am still finding it hard to believe that it is just a week to September! In my mind Fall starts in September and I am already compelling a list of pumpkin recipes, holiday activities, etc.





Way back in May I made a wish list for summer and asked what was on yours as well. I am happy to report that I did everything on my list but camp and I managed to cram in so much more. My summer has been filled with trips to Philadelphia(twice), Wisconsin, Missouri, and trips around Virginia. There has been lots of time at the ocean, visiting family, hosting family and friends, outings on my paddle board, and so much more.




I have been able to be as busy as a bee and as relaxed as a slug. I have read a ton of books. I have cooked, baked, grilled, eaten my weigh in cherries and drank an ocean of limeade. I have walked and swam, biked and paddled. Honestly,  I have been having such a great time I am for the first time ever reluctant for summer to come to an end.




So I am curious, what have you been up to on your summer vacation? Have you traveled? Had a stay-cation? Read or watched movies? Have you grilled a favorite dish or invented something new? Did you spend time with family or take time to yourself? Whatever you did I would love to hear about it so please share your adventures!






Have a great day!


8 comments:

  1. After many trips to the U.S. last year for ailing parents, we had to staycation. But we live in a very popular tourist destination, so we decided to join them, and do some fun things, like go to a medieval encampment, a nocturnal market, wine tasting, hiking. We finally were in town for the giant fireworks on July 14--usually we're in the U.S. in July. And we've done lots of antiquing. The beach is coming up in a few days. In all, a postcard perfect summer. Though I miss seeing my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning dearest Elizabeth! I stayed home. I took photos. I wrote poetry. We worked on our garden and house. Our home is being published in Romantic Country Homes magazine in September. I am rested. School starts Monday. And I loved my summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, I must look for Romantic Country Homes September issue!!!

      Gentle hugs,
      Luna Crone

      Delete
  3. After reading this post, I need to hazng out with you. My summer was full if
    yard work. This month I have spent $$$$$ my mower broke, Man gets 75.00,here
    45 minutes on riding mower, yard is not pretty. Refrigerator broke 2 days before quest came. Slept for a whole day after they left. Eyeglasses cost $500.00
    Dentist $300.00 Vet $300, golly I don't want to go out the driveway.
    Maybe next summer I'll rest, if still above ground, Hahaha
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe it will soon be September too! Have a great day ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretty much have worked right through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, nothing like your glorious summer!

    Being "olden," we don't travel anymore. Just enjoy the summer, when it isn't too hot/humid. Then, we have to stay in A/C. For which I am grateful, but would rather have windows/doors open.

    Oh your time at the ocean! Oh sigh, oh sigh. We so miss visiting the ocean, which we did, every Autumn. I'm sure you enjoyed your time there.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Elizabeth you are always so full of positive energy. What a busy summer you've had--mine as been much slower and while we've had some wonderful times it's been mostly a stay-cation here, although living in a popular vacation destination gives us so many options for beauty and fun when we're in that mood. Lots of work on the house and on my physical body --especially after my ankle injury. So it feels like a transformative summer in a quiet-behind-scenes-kind-of-way. I did pull back from blogging this summer and look forward to resuming a schedule of sorts. I'd love to hear about the books you read this summer...I'll be watching for that post--:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...