Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Raspberry Ricotta Cake

Good morning! Did you enjoy your weekend? The weather here was beautiful, hot and sunny.  Everybody is trying to squeeze the last days at the ocean and the last days from summer, it is almost as if the boardwalk will be rolled up after next weekend. Certainly there will be less tourists but there will still be a plethora of people taking in the waters and the sand between their toes until the fist chill is in the air and the water is too cold to walk in. 





I am trying to hold off from making anything remotely resembling Fall/Holiday baking flavors simply because once I start I will not stop. Pumpkin is my all-time favorite thing in the world and I cannot wait to start trying new things but August just seems a little too early. 






So this week I decided to make another fruit cake using my favorite summer berry, raspberries. This cake could not be easier, you do not even need a mixer, you simply mix it all in one bowl with a spoon and pour it in a pan.  





Raspberry Ricotta Cake
Recipe from Bon Appetit

Ingredients

  •  cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 11/2 cups ricotta
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup  (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries divided

  • Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 round cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
  • Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended. Then fold in butter, followed by 3/4 cup raspberries, taking care not to crush berries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining 1/4 cup raspberries over top.
  • Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding. NOTE: If using frozen berries the cooking time is longer. 


    I hope that you have a fabulous week! 


7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, everyone trying to cram as much as possible into the last few days of the summer holidays here too, children return to school on Thursday sadly. Weather has been utterly amazing all summer, hot and sunny. Soon we will be switching the raspberries for blackberries and Autumn will be with us, but I don't want to think about this just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and these days, I am all about easy! Did you see the delicious fall desser recipes in Southern Living? I hope you have a wonderful week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. It looks like a clafoutis, but that has more eggs and no ricotta. I bet the ricotta gives a nice, rich texture. Can't wait to try it, though I'm going to use the abundance of wild blackberries I've gathered.
    I'm with you--no rushing autumn. It will be here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart... I positively adore raspberries!! And with ricotta??? I'm getting teary-eyed. If you were my neighbor, I would be your best friend and 100 lbs. overweight. But I would be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so pretty and delicious ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is it I'd rather have desert than dinner. This looks so delish.
    I want to try it but there is no one here to eat it, except MOI
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...