Friday, August 19, 2016

White Chocolate Cake with Raspberries and White Chocolate Buttercream

Good morning! I hope that you had a great weekend! I have been away spending time with my family in Wisconsin and attending my family reunion. As I said before I come from a large family and we are scattered across the US, Canada  and a few are overseas so it was nice to see almost all of them in one place at one time, which is very rare. 






We talked, laughed, reminisced and of course ate lots of great food.  I made several desserts while at home and this White Cake with Fresh Raspberries and White Chocolate Buttercream was one of them. I love this cake because it is light, refreshing and delicious. 







White Cake 
Recipe from Add a Pinch

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs, room temperature
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cupcake pans with cooking spray or cupcake liners and set aside. 

Cream together the butter and shortening until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Slowly add the 3 cups of sugar, one cup at a time making sure to incorporate the sugar fully before adding the other. Then add the eggs one at a time, be sure to incorporate each egg before adding another. 

In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then in another bowl whisk together the milks, vanilla and almost extracts. Add to the butter/shortening mixture, alternating between the milk and the flour mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.





White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

1 cup unsalted butter softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
8 oz. white Ghirardelli chocolate, chopped, melted and cooled
4-5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

Chop chocolate, place in bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Cook for another 30-40 seconds, stir until smooth. Set aside. 

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat the butter for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and beat on low, add vanilla and mix. Then add the heavy whipping cream and the melted chocolate and beat on high until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl periodically to be sure everything is incorporated. 







Have a great week!




9 comments:

  1. I love the way you frosted the cake. It looks like a rose. Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning dear one! I see you are at it again, this magic in the kitchen! I bet you are excited to try out new recipes for fall! The only way I'll be able to get through the transition from a PERFECT SUMMER is to celebrate with great anticipation, all the sweetness and beauty of the coming seasons. Time does fly, and before we know it, summer will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe
    The shape of the cake makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... I am drooling! I'll take 2 pieces please, because it looks healthy. Have a great week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oui, oui! yes, please...a slice with extra frosting. i would feel so special if someone made this for me (or any cake from scratch for that matter...is it not a dying gesture in our culture now?). thanks for sharing, lovely. peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have a slice right now with my coffee. I might try the last post, crumb cake, looks sooo good. Thanks for the comment, You are on my sidebar now, after 4 tries. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks SO yummy - it looks like it could be a wedding cake!!! I am hopefully back into the blogging world now that I am home and life has quieted down. Sending you hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were excited to share this beautiful cake with our readers today - it looks amazing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...