Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Fall Spinach Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette




Good morning! How was your weekend? Mine was so relaxing and for the first time this season it actually felt like Fall. I went to yoga, read, went for a 7 mile walk and relaxed. Sadly I did not bake this weekend as I am trying to loose the few pounds I gained from my gluttonous summer. I am normally a pretty healthy eater but this summer I was not very good, truth be told I ate terribly.  So I have to get myself back in line before all of the holidays and the baking begins. 





This week I did have this easy salad so I thought I would share. This is not a recipe because basically you throw it all in a bowl and dress it with your favorite vinaigrette, I made pumpkin vinaigrette and it was delicious!






Fall Spinach Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette
Serves 2

4 cups spinach
1 honey crisp cored and sliced
8 slices cucumbers
2 Tablespoons pecans
2 teaspoons dried cranberries
2 tablespoons crumbled cheese

Pumpkin Vinaigrette 

4 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
1/4 cup cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

Finely chop garlic and put into a bowl with all of the ingredients EXCEPT the oil, whisk the ingredients. Then slowly add the olive oil and whisk well. You must add the oil slowly and whisk well otherwise the dressing will separate. 


Tell me, what did you do this weekend? Did you relax, read or do anything fun? Are the leaves beginning to turn or are there any other signs of Fall in your area?

I hope that you have a great week. 




5 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious!
    I make a similar salad with spinach, pecans, avocado slices and canned mandarin oranges. I use the juice from the oranges in the vinaigrette. It's always a hit, and so simple. And the colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW WHAT I"M eating for dinner tonight: this salad! Oh how I love the crunch of apple and nuts with spinach! Enjoy your day dearest Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum... this salad looks delicious and healthy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spinich is one of those things I don't like by itself, but as part of a dish, it's fine. Everything else agrees with me, so I'd try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like my kind of salad Elizabeth. I'm interested to try your pumpkin vinaigrette I've not had that before. I can relate to your hiatus from baking ...I do that too because I'll eat my own goodies :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...