Saturday, October 29, 2016

Friday Favorites from Kitchn, Private Newport, She Wears Many Hats, Savor Home and More






Good morning! How is was your week? It has been a long week for me and I am ready to rest and sleep in, that is if my pups will let me. Monday is Halloween, do you have your costume ready, will you be going to a party? I have to be honest, I do not like Halloween, I don't like creepy costumes and I do not like to dress up. However I love candy and do miss walking door to door and then coming home at the end of the night and sorting through all of my candy to find my favorites.






One of my favorite Halloween candies is candy corns. Sunday October 30th is National Candy Corn Day and if you would like to know a little about history these sweet treats you can read all about them at Better Homes and Gardens.



Candy Corn Bark Image from Jelly Toast Blog via the Kitchn


I don't know about you but I love candy corn, if you do as well and you are tired of just munching on handfuls then check out this post from Kitchn of 12 Clever Ways to Celebrate National Candy Corn Day.


Image from Amy at She wears Many Hats


If you are having a party to celebrate game day or to celebrate Halloween you might want to add this scrumptious looking Hot Chili Cheese Dip from She Wears Many Hats to your menu. If I was at a party where this was served I do not think there would be anything left for the other guests. 






You could also whip up a batch of these Pumpkin Decorated Chocolate Cupcakes! I made these this week for some friends and they are delicious and cute too.



Image A Woody Tailgate Picnic Party from Betty at Private Newport


I would love to go to this Woody Tailgate Picnic Party that Betty from Private Newport threw not only is this rare woody fabulous but the menu is as well. 



Image Savor Home


I am always looking for a good book recommendation and this list from Tiffany at Savor Home has a few that I do not have yet. 

I love the look and style of this illustrator and Street Style Star.

Did you discover anything new this week? If so please share your favorite books, movies, recipes and more.

Have a safe and happy weekend.








8 comments:

  1. I'll pass on the candy corn. All my calories go toward chocolate.
    Halloween costumes in France, where the holiday is quite new, are only of the scary variety. No firemen/princesses. No joke/concept costumes. Just ghosts, skeletons, vampires, pirates...The fanciful costumes are reserved for Carnival.
    New York Magazine has an interesting piece about working mothers and empathy: http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/10/what-everyone-must-understand-about-working-moms.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this a marvelous time of YEAR???????

    I remembered that you love candy corn!!!

    We were just saying last night at home how we just love this time of year to get cozy, eat soups, hide under the blanket, drink tea, get tucked in and just embrace the season. HAVE FUN my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday, Elizabeth!!! I always enjoy your links and love these Halloween themed ones. I too am not a huge fan of scary Halloween but do love the treats. I am waiting until the last minute to buy candy so I won't be tempted myself. That tailgate is incredible!! I hope you have a fabulous and relaxing weekend! xoxox

    PS...love the book recommendations - I have read "Woman in Cabin 10" and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had candy corn. Here we had snow for the first time this season yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 91 year old MOTHER ADORES Candy Corn!
    NO PARTIES...........praying for a few TRICK or TREATERS as last year we had ZERO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, I love candy corn.... I have been munching on far too much of it this week. The cupcakes are precious. I always love your Friday posts! Hugs....Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth... I give you my candy corn if I can have the cheese dip and cupcakes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't celebrate Halloween and where I live, there aren't enough children to bother putting out candy. Parents take their children to town, way more houses and easier pickings, so it works for all of us. I bring my cats inside, pen the horses close to the barn, put the cow inside the barn and batten down the hatches. Candy corn is a treat indulged in sparingly and don't go to parties. I do read, a lot, and have several new to me books I'm enjoying. I'll list them soon on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...