Saturday, October 8, 2016

Friday Favorites from Smitten Kitchen, Little Spice Jar, Botanical Bleu, For the Love of a House and More






Good morning! How are you? I am glued to the weather channel watching for news of the storm. So many of my friends are in the direct path of the storm and they have evacuated and so are worried about their homes, property and friends and family. We are further up the coast so we are in line for winds and rain, hopefully not much else. If you are in the path of the storm you are in my thoughts and prayers, be safe. 


Image Smitten Kitchen

Fall and of course winter for me is all about nesting, resting and comfort foods. If the food can be made in one pan all the better. This Skillet Baked Pasta with Five Cheeses by Smitten Kitchen is right up my alley. 


Image from For the Love of a House


Is there anything better on a cold rainy weekend than Pot Roast and mashed potatoes? This easy recipe from For the Love of a House takes me back to Sunday dinner at my grandmothers. 



Little Spice Jar

Ok, maybe a bowl of these Apple Cider Doughnuts from The Little Spice Jar might be better. 




Chenonceau Botanic Bleu

One of my favorite places in the Loire Valley is the spectacular Chenonceau Chateau it is a magical and beautiful place and although I have been in the Spring and Summer I have never seen it in Fall or Winter. Lucky for us Judith at Botanic Bleu has been to visit and shares her beautiful photos. 



Image from Lee Caroline

Like many I love looking at houses and this beautiful coastal house featured at Lee Caroline has me daydreaming of a coastal retreat decorated in blue and white. 


Have you discovered any good books, movies or recipes this week? If so I would love to hear about them.

I hope that you have a safe and happy weekend.



6 comments:

  1. Good morning! I just saw that marvelous Chenonceau kitchen over at Jemma's and I am reminded of when I was in that castle.....HEART THROB! Enjoy your day dear one and I SO HOPE you are safe from the hurricane's path...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, great links, Elizabeth. Going to go check out that coastal retreat. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A number of bloggers I follow have been living in the line of that storm. Some have gotten out. Others are relatively on high ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ima need those apple cider donut holes in my life! yum! stay safe and have a lovely weekend, friend. peace to you right where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chenonceau Château is beautiful any time of the year. Thank you for sharing my photo of the castle's fall kitchen. I am very honored to be featured.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...