Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Years Eve


Good morning! Happy New Years Eve! Are you ready for the new year? I personally had a good year so I am not as anxious as most for the calendar to flip. Frankly, I am not so sure that all of the angst that so many are feeling is going to disappear with the new year but I guess it is like they say, "everyday is a new day".




I have had a fabulous time this week with sister and her family, we shopped, walked, ate WAY too much and just enjoyed a belated holiday together. They left this morning to visit my brother so now we are home preparing for the new year ad New Years eve.






My husband and I are pretty low key, we like to skip the parties and have dinner at home. Sometimes we do not even make it to midnight, I guess that is one of the perks of age, you don't care.





What do you have planned for this evening? Whatever it is I hope that you enjoy and are safe. Happy New Year.




4 comments:

  1. I hear ya my pal...years ago when we lived on the North Shore of Boston, we were the GO-TO HOUSE for New Year's parties. Now? HA! I can't even make it past 8:30. We are going to the home of a friend tonight, but I just told Ruben that I'd like to leave no later than 9pm to try and avoid any irratic drivers and get tucked in at home to simply ring in another day. BLESS US ALL in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's a wonderful 2017 elizabeth!
    xx
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a Scottish style New Years Eve bash that's held here... I might check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family is having it low key also. Enjoyed your post and so nice that you went shopping with your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...