Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Red Wine Beef Ragu





Good morning! Did you make it out yesterday to do a little after Christmas shopping? Or did you skip that Christmas ritual? I skipped it myself as I am over the shopping for this holiday. In fact I am tired of all of the cookies, and holiday food and ready to get back to my regular eating schedule. So yesterday as I was sure that my sister and famiyl felt the same way we tucked into a  bowl of pasta instead of leftovers.  The perfect antidote for "too much" Christmas food. 





This recipe is delicious, it is rich and hearty and a great meal after a long day. Not to mention that it is easy because you put everything into the crockpot and at the end of the day it is finished. 


Red Wine Beef Ragu

Recipe from Pendulum Meats

1 lb. beef stew meat
1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup red wine
1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes, drained
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 sprigs rosemary
12 oz. pasta noodles
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

In a slow cooker, whisk together the crushed tomatoes, red wine, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp. of pepper. Add the whole tomatoes, breaking them up with your hands. Stir in the garlic, carrots, onion and rosemary. Add the stew meat and turn to coat. Cook covered 4 to 6 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. Remove and discard the rosemary and skim off any fat that has risen to the top. Using a fork, break up the meat into smaller pieces. Fold in the parsley. Serve over cooked pasta and top with pressman cheese. 





What do you have on the menu for this week? Are you back at work and back into your routine? I hope that whatever you are doing that you have a great day!




3 comments:

  1. Yum. Anything with tomato is my favorite!

    We DID go shopping yesterday at the Mall of America and I found some sensational sales and what fun that was! My friend, I wish you peace and goodness in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks tasty!

    I was in need of boots, so I went shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! YUM! this sounds amazing, can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...